IGNORED

Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle SNES prototype released - stab your way through the jungle

Gaming Alexandria has just published a new article with an unreleased prototype for Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle for SNES.

The article contains ROMs, source code, graphics, design documents, and information from one of the creators of the game. It’s a pretty violent game, and very rough on the edges, check it out!

EHqt0JRX0AAdtew.png.8cf5b726a0bc0b1aa9d0a2ab05320714.png

EHqt1m8X0AY6RyT.png.61d8078218f646061a2cdce0db542296.png

(Yes, Tarzan stabs a lion straight in the heart!)

Here are a few quick snippets from the article:

After years of only seeing a few screenshots of the game, the unreleased Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle for the SNES is now finally available. This ROM came directly from Jim Grundell, the programmer who lead the project during development.

“The game was playable, it didn’t have any bugs, but I don’t think it had a lot of content,” Grundell tells us. “I can only remember 2 or 3 distinct levels and a few cutscenes, but there may have been more. I’m not sure the design was complete and we just had a few levels to work with.”

One of the stranger reasons of cancellation had to do with the subject matter. In the game Tarzan kills many different animals with his knife, which was something GameTek did not appreciate in terms of its violent depiction.

The article can be found at: https://www.gamingalexandria.com/wp/2019/10/24/tarzan-lord-of-the-jungle-snes-unreleased/

Here’s the announcement tweet: https://twitter.com/GamingAlexandri/status/1187452596224692225

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...