IGNORED

Obligatory "Cat" thread

6 hours ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

Maggie is interested in this new type of pizza

IMG_20210828_181824955.jpg

Oh whenever I would have Little Caesars Extra Moist Bestest (I haven't gotten it in awhile because the last couple times they put on a bit too much tomato sauce...) my little precious would lick the tops of the pepperonis off...it was so so, super kawaii!! 🥰

Please tell me this is fake news (or yellow journalism as it was called back then). 😞  Apparently 100 years ago there was a real life Adolf Hitler of cats...no really he honest to goodness wanted to drive kitties to extinction 😞

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn84024827/1921-11-27/ed-1/seq-9/#loclr=blogloc

The world would be such a sad, sad place if we didn't have man's REAL best friend. 😞 

Edited by Estil

I saw this at my grandma's house yesterday (remember I go there to play 500 Rummy with her as well as work on a jigsaw puzzle and she even gets me a Lee's Famous Recipe chicken tenders/potato wedges dinner to take back home with me; yum! 🙂 ), and you know how normally in these kind of truck commercials he typically has a silly dog with him?  Well I found it so refreshing and so awesome that this truck guy had with him man's REAL best friend for a change! 😄 

I still say a cat's place is in the home though.  Though I reckon this is close enough?

You know there is hardly anything out there more beautiful and more sacred than the special bond between a man and his kitty cat.🥰  They truly are man's REAL best friend.🥰

241652937-4351346221646066-1627999074119

Room 8 was a neighborhood cat who wandered into a classroom in 1952 at Elysian Heights Elementary School in Echo Park, California. He lived in the school during the school year and then disappeared for the summer, returning when classes started again. This pattern continued without interruption until the mid-1960s.

News cameras would arrive at the school at the beginning of the year waiting for the cat's return; he became famous and would receive up to 100 letters a day addressed to him at the school. Eventually, he was featured in a documentary called Big Cat, Little Cat and a children's book, A Cat Called Room 8. Look magazine ran a three-page Room 8 feature by photographer Richard Hewett in November 1962, titled "Room 8: The School Cat". Leo Kottke wrote an instrumental called "Room 8" that was included in his 1971 album, Mudlark.

As he got older, Room 8 was injured in a cat fight and suffered from feline pneumonia, so a family near the school volunteered to take him in. The school's janitor would find him at the end of the school day and carry him across the street.

His obituary in the Los Angeles Times rivaled that of major political figures, running three columns with a photograph. The cat was so famous that his obituary ran in papers as far away as Hartford, Connecticut. The students raised the funds for his gravestone. He is buried at the Los Angeles Pet Memorial Park in Calabasas, California.

Edited by avatar!
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 9:18 PM, Tabonga said:

That was a close one!  I've heard of stories of people goofing on these kind of donations and leaving behind money hidden inside but this is WAY worse!  Losing even a million dollars in this way wouldn't be nearly as sad and heartbreaking as losing my kitty, my bestest friend/pal/buddy in the whole world 😞 

4 hours ago, Estil said:

No... 😢

Yup. The adopted Mama has been part of my "adopted" family for around 17 years. With the fuzzball being named after the Dragon Age character. Two of a few reasons why this matters to me (even though I am broke).

It was something I was planning to bring up earlier... But... My previous car had it's catalytic convertor stolen on the very same day. Along with me hunting down a newer car, my 16 year old cat being a butt, and me selling a chunk of my collection in hopes of reviving my video game goals. 😩

Plus Facebook tends to suck for me.