IGNORED

Bill & Ted Face the Music - Out Now!

Jicsan

• The title was changed to Bill & Ted Face the Music Now featuring 2nd Trailer
2 hours ago, Gloves said:

In theaters eh?

In New Zealand maybe, since they are island and had travel restrictions.  Pretty sure most theaters elsewhere are closed.  Prob something in the contract says it has to play in a theater.  Now I wish we had drive in.

6 hours ago, fox said:

In New Zealand maybe, since they are island and had travel restrictions.  Pretty sure most theaters elsewhere are closed.  Prob something in the contract says it has to play in a theater.  Now I wish we had drive in.

You know what, I think you are right about it being "in a contract" but I also bet drive-ins might count.  I know it's different from state to state, but at least those aren't closed. Also, I'm sure many states also have open theaters but with limited capacity. In fact, I think they are open here in NC, but I've not paid attention.  I'm not going.

There is a single screen drive in fairly near by to here, and they do run the new stuff.  We had considered going to that Trolls movie a couple months or so back but my kid was misbehaving so we canceled that.  I think they are opened up around here again but it's spread out seating so if its anything popular it's sure to be a pain in the ass to get into considering lots of theaters now are converts to those big recliner seats from the small side by side types.

• The title was changed to Bill & Ted Face the Music - Out Now!

Who else watched it?

I thought it was out on the Sept 1st but it looks like it came out last Friday, so I'm a little late to the party.  Anyway I just finished watching it, and thought that it was most excellent.  It's not going to win the "Best Bill & Ted Movie" award, but it was very enjoyable.  It was nice to visit with old friends that haven't been around in while and to get the ol' nostalgia buds tickled.  And I'm sure I'm not the first to say this; a feel good movie is just what everyone needs in 2020. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 10:08 PM, Jicsan said:

Anyway I just finished watching it, and thought that it was most excellent.  It's not going to win the "Best Bill & Ted Movie" award, but it was very enjoyable.  It was nice to visit with old friends that haven't been around in while and to get the ol' nostalgia buds tickled.  And I'm sure I'm not the first to say this; a feel good movie is just what everyone needs in 2020. 

Agreed with all of the above.  Fun flick that is like catching up with old friends.  Even found a nice way include Rufus. Just good wholesome fun.  It is also super lean, like 90 mins with credits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fox said:

It is also super lean, like 90 mins with credits.

The budget wasn't very large and stuff got cut from the original vision, just like the first two films.  But you can tell the people making it were having fun and loving it.

I'm glad it wasn't some studio committee's movie made only to have maximum appeal for maximum dollars.  They don't make many movies like this anymore.

• Like 2