IGNORED

hey

osg

12 minutes ago, ookii_risu said:

Done any low life Zelda 2 runs lately?

Rather than challenge runs, I got really deep into NG+ speedruns for a while, held the record for ~3 or 4 years. Took the run to Games Done Quick and a weird thing happened that I had never encountered and I ended up softlocked and had to abandon the run. That was a miserable feeling. If you've never failed something in front of a hundred thousand people, I wouldn't recommend it. I still haven't been able to watch back the video. We did some new passes on the various Z2 TASes as well a few years back, though, and that was fun as always. After all that, I felt like I might maybe be done with Zelda 2? It's sucked up so much of my life, but every so often the itch comes back anyway. I was driving home from work yesterday and a new route came to mind for the glitched any% route, just out of nowhere. I came home and tested it out and it didn't really work. So maybe I will do something else stupid with the game eventually, it never seems to fully go away. Dunno, I have a wife and kid and stuff now. It's hard to find the time to continue wasting my whole life on this game.

I would like to eventually add a nice sealed Z2 to my shelf one day though. That game has some meaning for me, you know? I realize that was a yes or no kind of question but instead you get a dissertation damn what am i even talking about talking zelda 2 makes me use punctuation and the shift key and everything what the hell

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, osg said:

Rather than challenge runs, I got really deep into NG+ speedruns for a while, held the record for ~3 or 4 years. Took the run to Games Done Quick and a weird thing happened that I had never encountered and I ended up softlocked and had to abandon the run. That was a miserable feeling. If you've never failed something in front of a hundred thousand people, I wouldn't recommend it. I still haven't been able to watch back the video. We did some new passes on the various Z2 TASes as well a few years back, though, and that was fun as always. After all that, I felt like I might maybe be done with Zelda 2? It's sucked up so much of my life, but every so often the itch comes back anyway. I was driving home from work yesterday and a new route came to mind for the glitched any% route, just out of nowhere. I came home and tested it out and it didn't really work. So maybe I will do something else stupid with the game eventually, it never seems to fully go away. Dunno, I have a wife and kid and stuff now. It's hard to find the time to continue wasting my whole life on this game.

I would like to eventually add a nice sealed Z2 to my shelf one day though. That game has some meaning for me, you know? I realize that was a yes or no kind of question but instead you get a dissertation damn what am i even talking about talking zelda 2 makes me use punctuation and the shift key and everything what the hell

Damn, I didn't now you had the record and ran at GDQ. Sorry the run didn't go well. I'm sure you weren't the first to have bad luck, though, and you won't be the last... I know that really isn't a consolation, but I've seen it happen so many times on there. Yeah, I know some other people who built a family and stopped the grind, no fault in that.  I can definitely see wanting to get back to it sometimes, though. I'll never be a speedrunner, but I really respect an admire you guys for what you can do. Love watching. If you ever do run it again and get on Twitch, let us know, okay?