IGNORED

Your first true love

GPX

5 hours ago, Br81zad said:

Galaga

To this day, I still drop a few quarters in a machine if I see one out somewhere 

While it wasn’t the “hook” for me, Galaga was the first arcade machine I enjoyed playing as a little kid. I think I just liked the bugs, lol.

Double Dragon II, my brother and I spent months trying to rent it.  If it was in, we didn't have any money, and if we had the money, it was rented out.  Finally I came home one day and he yelled that he had it as soon as I made it to the house.  We played the crap out of it.  It didn't disappoint.  We even kept it past it's return date by about a week.  The grocery store was like, 'It's fine, everybody does that'.  😄

My very first? Probably Super Mario Bros. 3

I had played video games quite a bit before then (I beat the original SMB and SMB2/USA before then as my older brother @MashFan81 got a NES for his birthday) but SMB3... I don't know if I've ever played a game more times through to completion, more hours sunk in, for more accumulative and/or consistent length of time.

It was also right at the time when I started going to school. Fond memories of when I was in Young 5s (developmental kindergarten) for half-days. Would get picked up by my dad at the end of my day, go home for a couple hours and start a game. Pause and get dropped off for a bit at my Grandparents. A couple hours later get picked up by my mom and head home for the day, and continue playing it before bed. One of my fondest and earliest collection memories.

Very difficult for me to settle on just one no matter how I try to slice it:

Commodore 64  -  H.E.R.O.    /   Toy Bizarre             -To this day I probably want sequels to these two more than any other games.  The possibilities are endless.  They would be my earliest.

4 minutes ago, PII said:

Very difficult for me to settle on just one no matter how I try to slice it:

Commodore 64  -  H.E.R.O.    /   Toy Bizarre             -To this day I probably want sequels to these two more than any other games.  The possibilities are endless.  They would be my earliest.

H.E.R.O. is still incredibly fun to this day, on any platform. A top 5 game in the Atari 2600 library. I wish there was an NES or Master System port.

Edited by The Strangest

@The Strangest

Yes, either of those ports would be great.  I'm partial to the C64 and ColecoVision Ports.  On C64 I like to use a Pistol-Grip Joystick with a single trigger fire button (down is dynamite.)  The Coleco version has some different types of enemy motion and timing requirements that are more difficult, plus it utilizes two fire buttons increasing the likelihood of needing to use the actual coleco controller making it a lot harder.  I thought the super-action controller would be good but I had difficulties hovering in place.  Anyways, the verdict on that is out until I get around to cleaning my super-action controllers.  I tried playing the 2600 version a few times with a playstation controller and performed quite poorly with it.  There are also versions on the atari 5200 and 400 computer but I've never played them.  Come to think of it there's also a somewhat strange looking port of it on the Sega SG-1000 where the guy has a rocket pack instead of gyro-copter-pack.