IGNORED

Retrovision clones?

I was wondering why with all the latest advancement in classic gaming no one else has tried to make their own version of the Retrovision. It was a absolutely fantastic idea, I would die at a chance to get my hands on one of those carts when they had been originally released. Unfortunately I missed out by a few years. Anyhow, I was just thinking about this the other day when I picked up a few gameboy carts for my new collection. I'd still like to play these games on my nes. I remember a few years ago someone was looking into making a flash cart but I haven't heard about it since. Anyhow, I was just musing about it and wondered if anyone else has wondered about it too. I have to assume it was very complicated. Bunnyboy sure knows his stuff.

Edited by PasseGaming
Updated.

I don't know that he's sold them through the site in the last few years, but I have seen several pop up on eBay for auction as he's made one or two.  I seem to recall people on NA asking if he was ever going to make them widely available again through the site and the response was something along the lines of if he ended up with enough time and parts, otherwise they'd come out 1 or 2 at a time, for auction.

Graphics Team · Posted

Neat - I had to look into this as I'd never heard of the RetroVision before. I'm a bit confused, though - aside from the novelty factor, is there a functional reason for playing Gameboy games through a NES cart rather than a Super Gameboy?

-CasualCart

Homebrew Team · Posted
48 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Neat - I had to look into this as I'd never heard of the RetroVision before. I'm a bit confused, though - aside from the novelty factor, is there a functional reason for playing Gameboy games through a NES cart rather than a Super Gameboy?

-CasualCart

Timing is correct.  The RetroVision uses Gameboy guts.  As looks siiikkk.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

-CasualCart

Sure, I take it there are some like myself that collect only NES stuff. An while I do have a super gameboy, for whatever reason I'd rather play it on my NES as it is always hooked up.

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

-CasualCart

You can play GAME BOY on NINTENDER.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Moderator · Posted

Just came across this, I couldn't believe my eyes that it was available. 2016-17 me would have jumped on this in a second, but its a tough sell for me at $730. Maybe I'll test my luck on eBay.

I guess he's got more than one? The one of eBay will sell, so I would assume that he'd removed the one from his site, if he couldn't fill two orders

Pretty cool item, I would have love to just try this thing out!