IGNORED

My super tiny collection

Chuppa

Hello everyone - Just wanted to share some pics of my current setup.  We moved last summer and I lost my man cave/gaming room so I have a much smaller area to work with.  I sold all my dreamcast games and got rid of mostly all of my physical carts and now I am just focusing on what I like to play and what I can play with my family.  The SNES/NES classic modified games with the wireless controllers works very nice.  The switch is also great for my family.  Have a dock upstairs and in the basement.  I do miss collecting but this setup makes the most sense for me.  Maybe one day I will get back into it for fun. 🙂

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

Nice setup.  You must have had help getting all that in order. 

Looks like you are almost out of tissues.

Had some solid help.  Tissues are there for the people I dominate in Dr. Mario.

58 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

looks good, dude. I like the simplicity. My setup is similar.

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

Sometimes, less is more😁 Looks good.

Thanks guys.  

• Like 1

You know, in a sense this represents my dream set-up some day. I have envisioned a time in the somewhat distant future where the physical games and retro systems are no longer reliable, and I purchase just a bunch of FPGA systems, flash carts and/or SD card system mods, and just pare down my set-up down to something approximating this.

However, right now I really just enjoy the collecting and having all the original games and hardware, I'm not really considering selling out and downsizing anytime soon. It's more like my longterm back-up plan for when/if the current collecting and gaming situation has to change.

But yeah, I am a big fan of the simplicity and gaming focus on display here, kudos! 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Amermoe said:

Have you ever considered a retropie setup? those things are amazing, particularity for old console games. The polymega also is coming out pretty soon, but that thing's pretty expensive.

Yeah I have, I do enjoy the feels I get when I look at the nes/snes classic.  Brings a little nostalgia back for me.  Once I 'altered' the game choices on them I was really happy with them.  I haven't heard of the polymega, I will check that out.  Thanks!

9 hours ago, OptOut said:

You know, in a sense this represents my dream set-up some day. I have envisioned a time in the somewhat distant future where the physical games and retro systems are no longer reliable, and I purchase just a bunch of FPGA systems, flash carts and/or SD card system mods, and just pare down my set-up down to something approximating this.

However, right now I really just enjoy the collecting and having all the original games and hardware, I'm not really considering selling out and downsizing anytime soon. It's more like my longterm back-up plan for when/if the current collecting and gaming situation has to change.

But yeah, I am a big fan of the simplicity and gaming focus on display here, kudos! 🙂

I just tried to focus on:

1.  What I would play the most

2.  What I personally enjoy the most

3.  What was the easiest to access, meaning quick to boot up and swap games

4.  what financially made the most sense

At my old house I had a little bit more room and I did have some physical carts and old stuff that I loved to look at, I just didn't play it much.  I just tried to figure out what was the most practical for me.  I would love doing a fun CIB/loose collecting goal at one point.  I just didn't think right now was a good time.  Also, I didn't have a CRT and I didn't want to go down that route and all of those additional hurdles and connectivity and optimization.  

This is one of the main reasons I used to love NA and now I love this site.  I like to live vicariously through the rest of you. 🙂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OptOut said:

I did this over the last year or two. My collection is around 225 games from around 550.  Half my consoles are gone and replaced with MISTer.  The remaining consoles are mostly HDMI modded. Also softmodded when able or have an everdrive.  It is all working great.

Its been more convenient than the CRTs and stacks of games.  I had fun with that for a while but it doesnt fit with long term plans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

I did this over the last year or two. My collection is around 225 games from around 550.  Half my consoles are gone and replaced with MISTer.  The remaining consoles are mostly HDMI modded. Also softmodded when able or have an everdrive.  It is all working great.

Its been more convenient than the CRTs and stacks of games.  I had fun with that for a while but it doesnt fit with long term plans.

I wonder who got you to head down that path. 🙂