IGNORED

PS1 Subsets

TDIRunner

While I have the long term goal of eventually owning a full set of PS1 games, it may still be several years before I can accomplish such a thing.  In the mean time, it can be fun to complete smaller subsets.  The other night I found the last Need for Speed game that I was missing for PS1.  It's not rare or anything, but I hardly ever see V Rally 2, so I was happy to finally pick that game up.

I've also completed several other subsets that I plan to picture here.  So feel free to share any subsets of games you have.

Of course, there are other variants to these games, but here are all of the black label NFS games on PS1.

qyxe6yo4c8dya5r6g.jpg

• Like 1

I’m really not actively collecting PS1 any more but I amassed quite a collection and had quite a bit of fun digging through all of the scattered info on different subsets and uncommon titles and stuff.  Ultimately moving forward in life and not being able to outrun rising prices broke my fullset dreams.  

I had a lot of fun completing the long box set some years back.  It’s a good sized subset so it should keep you busy awhile and not overly pricy.  Those cases will drive you nuts though.  

I also got into collecting the greatest hits titles for a while.  It’s a thing that most people don’t really collect as a set so I had quite a bit of fun just hunting for information and learning tidbits wherever I could.  Some of the rarest games on the system are hidden away in there.  

I still will pick up Lightspan stuff if I can find any that aren’t the same commons that are in every lot.  Collecting these started to feel like madness as the only real helpful info I could find came from some ancient digitpress articles.  I ended up going to Dangerboy because of how little information on this set is on the internet. 

It’s a shame that we lost PlaystationAge, it really was a treasure trove of information that you couldn’t find in a lot of other places.

And of course, my favorite game series on the PS1.  The original Tomb Raider was one of the two games I received on Christmas morning along with my PS1.  I had no idea what the game was that morning.  My parents bought it based on a recommendation from a Best Buy employee and I was completely blown away by how amazing the game was (and still is to this day).

20200225_224029.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I need one more game to complete the Ridge Racer subset for PS1... 

There are so many subsets that I'm only missing one game for.  I have all of the RR games, but my copy of the first game is pretty crappy, so I would prefer to replace it before taking a picture of the set.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

@TDIRunner i put many hours into test drive 5.

and id rekon i put in a months worth playing the demo lol

I spent most of my time with Test Drive 4.  The San Francisco course was epic.  Racing down the interstate trying not to crash into traffic, the huge jumps in town, and trying to avoid the cross traffic all blew my mind back in the day.  Back then, I loved the idea of "point to point" races and not many games offered that.

I also had a lot of hours in the original Test Drive Off Road.  It doesn't hold up as well today, but it was extremely fun when it first came out.  

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Calan87 said:

@TDIRunner OK, i see these sets that you have and then i see Barbie..... My question is: WHERES SPYRO?! WHERES ODDWORLD!? WHERES LUNAR!? lol

When I started this thread, I was only planning on showing subsets that had at least 3 games, although there is certainly nothing wrong with including subsets with only 2 games.  And I guess if you really wanted to, you could include subsets with only 1 game.  I mean, back at NA, we used to have an award for a full Earthbound "set."  

As far as Spyro, I'm actually missing the first game.  For some reason, I've actually had a hard time finding that one complete.  It seems like the manuals for most copies of that game grew legs and walked away.  There are still many other subsets that I'm only missing one game for.  

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Calan87 said:

@TDIRunner OK, i see these sets that you have and then i see Barbie..... My question is: WHERES SPYRO?! WHERES ODDWORLD!? WHERES LUNAR!? lol

I don't have any of those series cuz I didn't know Lunar growing up, Oddworld was never my bag, and I only played the 1st Spyro as a kid so it was never a priority. 

Of course I'm kicking myself cuz all the $10 games are $30 games now.

• Like 1