IGNORED

PS1 Subsets

TDIRunner

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

I enjoyed 2002 because the simulation mode was based around running the race team.  You had to build cars and repair them after races.  Building and repairing took time and resources meaning that you had to mange everything extremely carefully.  If you started to build a new race car on week 10, it might not be ready until week 12 which means you had another race to worry about before the car was done.  You also had to keep sponsors happy or they would back out and you could lose precious earnings.  

The other big thing was that the default settings for each car were crap.  If you used the default settings, you would be lucky to finish in the top 35.  You had to take the time to practice and adjust settings to make your car faster.  I had a notebook for every track with the settings I used (I still have that notebook today).  

It was a very difficult, yet rewarding game to play.  Unfortunately, I would never have the time and energy to put into a game like that today.  

reminds me of when i played gt5 on ps3. there were, 220 mph max @ daytona, rooms. the settings for gear/suspension were cool.

the building cars and sponsor thing seems cool but like you said what a time sink. 

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is the subset for the A1 Games/Agetec releases in the US.  This publisher was known for brining Japanese games over to the US.  These games all use a unique template with a color code on the top for the genre.  Most of these games have a super generic title such as Racing, Bowling or Boxing.  Also, most of the games don't use the standard PS1 inlay as seen in the second picture.  These are the only US PS1 games I can think of that don't use it.  

iLEuw0r.jpg

wbF4Nz4.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

This is the subset for the A1 Games/Agetec releases in the US.  This publisher was known for brining Japanese games over to the US.  These games all use a unique template with a color code on the top for the genre.  Most of these games have a super generic title such as Racing, Bowling or Boxing.  Also, most of the games don't use the standard PS1 inlay as seen in the second picture.  These are the only US PS1 games I can think of that don't use it.  

iLEuw0r.jpg

wbF4Nz4.jpg

That's really cool. Thanks for sharing the info and pic about the inlay. I never noticed that.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I think this is an interesting subset.  This is one of each game that was originally released in a long box, later re-released in a black label jewel case, and eventually released again under the Greatest Hits line.  Out of almost 1,300 PS1 titles in the US, these are the only 17 games to be released in those three formats.

Obviously it's my goal to eventually have pictures of all 17 of these games in all three formats, but this will have to do for now.

LB + BL + GH.jpg

• 1 year later...