IGNORED

Checking in!

Hey, everyone! Glad to be a part of the great migration.

Some of you may remember me, I used to be fairly active on NintendoAge a while back, but after some time in college, priorities shifted and I stopped posting on forums in general nearly as much and went more to social media. Checking back in NA every now and then, it was hard for me to re-engage, so I just lurked for the most part. 

Hope to be a part of the revival! It's exciting to see the community turn a bad situation into a good one by taking charge of the situation themselves.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, m308gunner said:

Nightowl! Your avatar always stuck out to me, and I have a vague if generally fond remembrance of you. Welcome!

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks! 😁 The same goes for you - always enjoyed your posts. Glad to be here!

32 minutes ago, Natebit said:

Hey dude! I know the feeling... After being away for so long it's hard to reengage but hopefully a fresh start for everyone will help make that transition back in a bit easier.

Good to see ya over here!

You too, man! 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Alder said:

Same here, I was more active when life wasn't as busy. Happy to see you're still around 🙂 Weren't you the one who started the Help Wanted sticky? That was a lot of fun. I think I also ran into you on Runescape like 4 years ago  😛

Yeah, that was me! Unfortunately I let it slide when I stopped being as active. I kinda regret it, but now I guess it's irrelevant. I was pretty happy when it was deemed helpful enough for a sticky.

Oh, you bumped into me? Must've been during one of the few times I logged in. Every now and then I hop on for that nostalgia hit but it's just not the same, even in OSRS. I played some F2P for a bit, but it's tough having to start all over.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

Yeah, that was me! Unfortunately I let it slide when I stopped being as active. I kinda regret it, but now I guess it's irrelevant. I was pretty happy when it was deemed helpful enough for a sticky.

Oh, you bumped into me? Must've been during one of the few times I logged in. Every now and then I hop on for that nostalgia hit but it's just not the same, even in OSRS. I played some F2P for a bit, but it's tough having to start all over.

We should all play osrs together! I'm a uim! Join meeeeee. 

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

No harm in being a normie! I accept you just the way you are! 

Haha. I may have to give it another go. I dunno why but I have fun for a bit and then I think about all the work I have to do to get to where I was and I just get discouraged. I get why Jagex didn't let people migrate their accounts from RS3 to OSRS, but I wish we could. I quit shortly after EOC was introduced. Then the MTX kept me away for good.

17 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Haha. I may have to give it another go. I dunno why but I have fun for a bit and then I think about all the work I have to do to get to where I was and I just get discouraged. I get why Jagex didn't let people migrate their accounts from RS3 to OSRS, but I wish we could. I quit shortly after EOC was introduced. Then the MTX kept me away for good.

I loved starting over when ironman mode came out, it was like a whole different game. I played from 05-07 then made a new account, played a TON from 2007-2010 and got a lot of 99s (mined and smelted 200k gold ore at lrc/edge furnace, eww), but didn't max until 2013. MTX drove me away and made me play a lot less as I felt pessimistic about the game's future. When Ironman mode came out I was hooked again. First on OSRS as a UIM then on RS3 as a normal ironman. The accounts I maxed were "Alder Dryad" (my "main") and "Alder" (my RS3 iron). I have a few old clips on my youtube channel.

17 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Lol my OSRS is just a regular ol' account. I've heard too many horror stories of iron men accounts dying from a disconnect.

That's why I don't play hardcore mode.. on RS3, at least. HCIM on RS3 lose their account when they die... at least on OSRS, you just revert to a normal ironman. It would definitely suck to lose a rare end-game item as an iron though, since you can't just buy it back even if you have billions.

17 hours ago, Gloves said:

We should all play osrs together! I'm a uim! Join meeeeee. 

Dude early game UIM was so much fun. Theorycrafting was really interesting before Zeah. I remember there was this one guy who plowed all the way to 99 smithing and no one was sure how he did it, turns out he was just fixing the wheel at motherlode mine and hopping worlds. I world hopped cleaning herbs that you find on the rocks for Jungle Potion for something like 1.2k xp/hr for a few levels for a quest requirement, lol. I remember almost dying in Monkey Madness, ran out of prayer, food, and run, and I was poisoned, when I got to the end. Had another super close call on the Giant Roc fight during My Arm's Big Adventure. I did that one way under-leveled by flinching him with the rune spear (kp) you get from Tai Bwo Wannai Trio. I got a gilded altar by killing imps for ecumenical keys and alching them and stashing the coins at NMZ for like ~2m gp, and used the balloon route between Taverley (my house) and Varrock (to cut oaks and convert to planks). My account was called "HC Alder" .. that was before hardcore mode was a thing and people made their names match with RS3.

Earlier this year I started a normal ironman on OSRS to play with my friend. Played for a month or so and mainly just did some money making and trained firemaking. I might get back into it some day but don't have anywhere near enough time at the moment. I'd join a Runescape group on VGS though 🙂 

I hardcore played RS1 from '01-'04 and I've had only popped by occasionally to check back in since then. I started playing a regular IM for about a month this year just trying to get a Quest Cape not with any insane goals or anything. I started a regular account originally but the bot-controlled economy and pay-to-win bonds made everything seem pointless. Everything in teh early/mid game seemed like a choice between "I can grind this for 10 hours, or I can buy a bond and it will be done" which ruined the game IMO.

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I hardcore played RS1 from '01-'04 and I've had only popped by occasionally to check back in since then. I started playing a regular IM for about a month this year just trying to get a Quest Cape not with any insane goals or anything. I started a regular account originally but the bot-controlled economy and pay-to-win bonds made everything seem pointless. Everything in teh early/mid game seemed like a choice between "I can grind this for 10 hours, or I can buy a bond and it will be done" which ruined the game IMO.

Nice, I didn't play when RSC was the main game but I played a lot of it in '06 and in 2013 I went back and finished all the quests. It's a damn shame they took it down. 

Yeah, I think the bond system is good for what it is, but at the end of the day it's still pay-to-win, at least early to mid game. I've gotten the most fulfillment out of ironman mode.