IGNORED

Is this Gun-Nac proto a fake?

RH

20 minutes ago, Mydogsrule said:

I agree but no one had yet came into explain anything to the possible fake comments.  I came in trying to vouch for myself and say the prototypes are legit, but I was then told maybe I purchased fakes myself and just think they are real.  Rather than me go back and forth I do need people to pop in and vouch for me because some don’t know me and need that extra assurance.  I’m not here to rip anyone off.  That’s forsure.  I just need others to give people confidence to buy from me.    I’m trying to sell some things and didn’t want this post to deter people.  Like you said though, a post like this can be beneficial forsure and I think it’s going in that direction.  

My first post in this thread is in reference to the fake comments.

16 minutes ago, Link said:

I would set myself on fire before I used eBay. It would be less stressful.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

I've spent basically my whole life, and may indeed spend the rest of it, searching for the Holy Grail - the legendary cup of Christ which Jesus drank from at the last supper. I've plundered ancient tombs the world over, following many leads from many other experts on the matter. I firmly believe it's out there somewhere, I just have to be resilient in my search, keep looking, never give up.

One guy though told me I should check the Middle East and I just plum refuse to go to the Middle East, I'd rather set myself on fire it'd be less stressful.

28 minutes ago, Mydogsrule said:

Sorry, I haven’t posted on IG in a long time but was just saying some of my unreleased are there.  I do need to start posting more.  With that said I do have an unreleased Barbie snes and Bobby’s world gameboy and Swamp Thing for the Genesis that I might sell.   I love unreleased myself though so it just has to be worth it to me to move stuff like that.  Nes is by far the hardest because I regret several I sold.  

I'd say you have my attention now but, alas, I'm kind of needing to unload and sell stuff at the moment to recoup funds from large lots I've recently bought.

Boy's World, though?  I loved that show as a kid.  I had no clue they started making a game for it.  You have any more details on it?  Who made it, any dates, are there any screencaps anywhere, etc?

37 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

My first post in this thread is in reference to the fake comments.

I stand corrected lol!  I worked all night so I was and am still tired.  I have an excuse that I’m going to use. Anyway, yeah thanks for chiming in. 

26 minutes ago, RH said:

I'd say you have my attention now but, alas, I'm kind of needing to unload and sell stuff at the moment to recoup funds from large lots I've recently bought.

Boy's World, though?  I loved that show as a kid.  I had no clue they started making a game for it.  You have any more details on it?  Who made it, any dates, are there any screencaps anywhere, etc?

I’m not sure honestly.  It started as Kevin’s Dream before becoming Bobby’s World.  Here are a few screenshots before Kevin was replaced by Bobby.  

IMG_7592.jpeg

IMG_7593.jpeg

• Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Mydogsrule said:

This is cool.  I sold GunNac and the person wrote and said this. 

IMG_7590.jpeg

Can I get his contact? I'd like to buy anything he has left.

2 hours ago, RH said:

Bobby's World? It was eventually released by RetroUSB here but has since been discontinued:

https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=115

1 hour ago, Mydogsrule said:

I’m not sure honestly.  It started as Kevin’s Dream before becoming Bobby’s World.  Here are a few screenshots before Kevin was replaced by Bobby.  

IMG_7592.jpeg

IMG_7593.jpeg

Wait, Bobby's World was originally a Home Alone game? You mean Bobby's World from the cartoon voiced by Howie Mandell right?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

You said you haven't seen OP post any games, so I pointed you where I saw his games posted. Sorry. 

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Can I get his contact? I'd like to buy anything he has left.

Bobby's World? It was eventually released by RetroUSB here but has since been discontinued:

https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=115

Wait, Bobby's World was originally a Home Alone game? You mean Bobby's World from the cartoon voiced by Howie Mandell right?

CodeMonkey—- he only has one other prototype he worked on.  He is trying to find the exact prototypes he did.   The buyer did tell me that he remembers throwing out original artwork for one of the Aladdin games when Virgin was cleaning out their offices.  

3 minutes ago, Mydogsrule said:

CodeMonkey—- he only has one other prototype he worked on.  He is trying to find the exact prototypes he did.   The buyer did tell me that he remembers throwing out original artwork for one of the Aladdin games when Virgin was cleaning out their offices.  

Shocked No Way GIF by ABC Network

4 hours ago, Link said:

You said you haven't seen OP post any games, so I pointed you where I saw his games posted. Sorry. 

Most of my replies are just trying to be funny.

3 hours ago, Mydogsrule said:

I'm not just looking for a prototype, I love just seeing materials used in the process. If he has any paperwork, communication materials, development hardware, proofs, anything at all. It would be very cool to see. I'm less interested in having something valuable as I am having something that's just cool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Most of my replies are just trying to be funny.

I'm not just looking for a prototype, I love just seeing materials used in the process. If he has any paperwork, communication materials, development hardware, proofs, anything at all. It would be very cool to see. I'm less interested in having something valuable as I am having something that's just cool.

I asked and he seems to not have much from his working days.  He is a big collector though.  I’m inviting him to the board.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Mydogsrule It's been fun reading your posts on here, and I just started following you on IG. I know most don't, but I remember your name from back in the day during the earlier times of collecting, always great to see someone from that time stop around again. 

Totally understand the frustration,btw, to see the initial post whilst actively trying to sell the items. I'd reckon the easiest way for these types of items being sold off from longtime collectors might be to post one's handle in the auction as reference.

Anyways, if you have any weird Famicom / unlicensed stuff you want to unload, feel free to message me. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

@Mydogsrule It's been fun reading your posts on here, and I just started following you on IG. I know most don't, but I remember your name from back in the day during the earlier times of collecting, always great to see someone from that time stop around again. 

Totally understand the frustration,btw, to see the initial post whilst actively trying to sell the items. I'd reckon the easiest way for these types of items being sold off from longtime collectors might be to post one's handle in the auction as reference.

Anyways, if you have any weird Famicom / unlicensed stuff you want to unload, feel free to message me. 

Thanks for the kind words!  I remember you too!  I only have one famicom left.  I’m going to keep it.  It appears that it could be one of the earlier Not For Resale cartridges.  It’s for Robot Block/Stack Up.  The U.S. release of that has always been strange because they all use a famicom board, which means the title is Robot Block.  I wish I knew why the name was changed for all the packaging but not the game.  

I hadn’t ever translated into English until the other day.  Pretty cool piece of early Nintendo history.  

I wonder if this was used to for the display and testing of the Robot at a trade show in Japan  

IMG_7527.jpeg

IMG_7528.jpeg

Edited by Mydogsrule
  • Like 2

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Holy gamole.  That “old timer” sure is flipping out.  Was RH’s question ever actually answered beyond, “how dare you! Why would I fake a proto?! These are definitely 100% absolutely indisputably not fake!”   Irritating. 

I don’t believe so, no. RH asked specifically about the labels looking in better condition than would be usual for the item. Seller never directly answered, instead getting defensive and acting as though no specific concern were raised, instead attacking him as an ignorant amateur.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1