IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic 2024

a3quit4s

• The title was changed to Midwest Gaming Classic 2024

I went last year and was blown away.  It was my first video game convention, so I don't have anything to compare it to though.  I thought the free play arcade & console area and the vendor hall had so much it was overwhelming (in a great way.)  There was always something going on or something to do.  I never imagined in my life that I would see the Mortal Kombat actors/characters on stage together singing covers of pop songs, but hot dog did they ever.  Never a dull moment. I'd like to go back, but we'll see how the old schedule shakes out.

The coolest thing at the show last year was the department store mockup with all the old displays and demo cabinets.  I believe it was an old NA group that did it.  It really felt like you were transported back to any electronics department in the 90's.  Thank you again to that guy/group.  You could really tell that one was a labor of love.

I also loved to see all the CRT's still running and not in a landfill.  Show your CRT's some love.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, srbossman79 said:

The coolest thing at the show last year was the department store mockup with all the old displays and demo cabinets.  I believe it was an old NA group that did it.  It really felt like you were transported back to any electronics department in the 90's.  Thank you again to that guy/group.  You could really tell that one was a labor of love.

That was @LaC who made the World of Nintendo books. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2024 at 1:26 PM, srbossman79 said:

I went last year and was blown away.  It was my first video game convention, so I don't have anything to compare it to though.  I thought the free play arcade & console area and the vendor hall had so much it was overwhelming (in a great way.)  There was always something going on or something to do.  I never imagined in my life that I would see the Mortal Kombat actors/characters on stage together singing covers of pop songs, but hot dog did they ever.  Never a dull moment. I'd like to go back, but we'll see how the old schedule shakes out.

I also loved to see all the CRT's still running and not in a landfill.  Show your CRT's some love.

Glad you thought it was the coolest thing.  It will be there again this year (but a different year).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

I'll be there as a first timer. Not looking forward to an 11 hour drive but it's the closest big expo for me. I've been to smaller shows like Retropalooza, Mo Game Con, Super Bit-Con (RIP), so I'm excited to see how a big show is!

Holy crap an eleven hour drive! You are a trooper

1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

Holy crap an eleven hour drive! You are a trooper

Yep it'll be 25 hours of driving round trip since we're making a detour to Mall of America as well. Fortunately there will be 3 of us so we will be alternating on the driving. Gonna be a long weekend though!

On 2/5/2024 at 9:45 AM, doner24 said:

Anyone here going as a vendor and want to split a booth? Looking to sell but only need a couple/few tables. 

Can I like sit in your booth with like a clipboard for awhile? I just wanna see how it feels on the other side 🤣😂

Moderator · Posted
12 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Can I like sit in your booth with like a clipboard for awhile? I just wanna see how it feels on the other side 🤣😂

Come on over, confirmed will have a booth there! 

• Like 1

Does anyone want to show anything off in the NintendoAge/VGS/Homebrew room?

I'm putting the room together again and making a list of who all is coming. It does not have to be a homebrew game, it can be any Nintendo oddity or rarity you have. In the past, tournaments have been done on competition carts, Nintendo arcades and pinballs have been brought, and last year I was selling Mother To Earth in the room with an Earth Bound backdrop for pictures.

Sub question: Is there anything you guys would like to see in the room? Need to know now if I'm going to pack it up and bring it.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Bumping this for less than two weeks away! I’m flying in Friday night and I’m gonna pick up my pass Friday night hopefully and wander around. I got the VIG pass so I can get in early Saturday and wander the vendor hall

Edited by a3quit4s

• 2 weeks later...