IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2024 - 663/677

15 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Is anyone doing dragon warrior?  I plan on doing a speedrun this week to see if i can get sub 6 and would knock it out in the process obviously.

I'm more than half way done with Dragon Warrior 2, but 1, 3, and 4 are up for grabs.

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Not sure what to work on, someone pick:

Blaster Master, Silver Surfer (not too bad, just have to remember some parts), or start to learn again:

- Dirty Harry

- Jetsons

- Zen

- Toxic

Zen!

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Not sure what to work on, someone pick:

Blaster Master, Silver Surfer (not too bad, just have to remember some parts), or start to learn again:

- Dirty Harry

- Jetsons

- Zen

- Toxic

Silver Surfer. Thats taking one for the team

10 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I actually like the game!

It's not bad. The large hitbox on Surfer's sprite takes some getting used to, and a couple of spots are a bit unfair where death comes out of nowhere, but that's not that atypical of NES games. The graphics are cool, it has humor, and the soundtrack is rockin'.

12 hours ago, Tulpa said:

It's not bad. The large hitbox on Surfer's sprite takes some getting used to, and a couple of spots are a bit unfair where death comes out of nowhere, but that's not that atypical of NES games. The graphics are cool, it has humor, and the soundtrack is rockin'.

Yeah.  I'm convinced if they removed the auto-death hitting the sides of the screen, people would love this game a lot more, as well as making the default shot stronger.  When you're fully powered up on and know what to do, its easy.  Its still one of the 'easier' shmups on the system

1 hour ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Finally done with Dungeon Magic! For a whopping 17 points. Crazy. Time to play some shorter games again.

Congrats! That's one of only five games with 7 bonus points. The others are:

• Battle Tank
  • Destination Earth Star
  • Flight of the Intruder
  • Flying Warriors

Flying Warriors is a 9 pointer, so there's only four games at the max of 17 points.

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 370/677

Top 25 "Easiest" Games Remaining

(with overall ranking)

63 Puss 'N Boots: Pero's Great Adventure
67 Mickey's Safari in Letterland
70 BreakThru
83 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
91 Mickey's Adventures in Numberland
96 Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
103 Adventures of Bayou Billy
104 Fisher Price: Firehouse Rescue
114 Ghosts 'N Goblins
123 Rollergames
125 Pinball
127 Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stone
128 Monster in My Pocket
132 Rygar
134 Mario's Time Machine
135 Jackal
140 Ikari Warriors III: The Rescue
145 Win, Lose or Draw
152 Back to the Future
158 Contra Force
161 R.C. Pro-Am
163 Pro Wrestling
168 Target: Renegade
171 Dragon Fighter
173 Gyruss
  • Like 1

Some of those must be routinely beaten by people who have played them a bunch. I wouldn't call Bayou Billy or Ghosts 'N Goblins easy >.>;

Still plenty of easy stuff on the list though, I've got a list as long as my arm, just not enough time to beat them all. After work today I'll try to knock something out, but I'm trying to have more of a focus on "new to me" games this year, which will probably slow things down.

1 minute ago, Khromak said:

Some of those must be routinely beaten by people who have played them a bunch. I wouldn't call Bayou Billy or Ghosts 'N Goblins easy >.>;

Still plenty of easy stuff on the list though, I've got a list as long as my arm, just not enough time to beat them all. After work today I'll try to knock something out, but I'm trying to have more of a focus on "new to me" games this year, which will probably slow things down.

Yeah its funny to see that.  Like Battletoads being a 1 or something. 

Working thru Silver Surfer using turbo to re-learn it.  Funny that I just beat it with the turbo.  The difficulty really lies in having to shoot very fast.  I cant use my thumb but have to use my index and tap the A button like I'm operating a morse code machine haha.  Anyway, I'll eventually get this done.

• Like 1