IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2024 - 663/677

15 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Ugh, got half way with Kings Quest V, I THOUGHT I got an item, as I opened up the drawer to get it, only later to realize I didn't have it, and I saved after the fact.  Well gonna have to restart it... Ugh.

I just teleported into rock, basically erasing my save game 🤝

Wizardry 2 is done.

Damn, that's a great game! My least favorite things in games are when they start out like I've never played a video game before and when they overstay their welcome. KOD throws you straight into the grinder and it's only 6 floors long so it's anything but exhausting or repetitive. All killer, no filler. I didn't realize VGS is like the KOD fan club, but I'm hoping I can join as a member.

QmKnduw.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

I know @scaryice hasn't put the bonuses up yet, but I got a head start and knocked off Moon Ranger.  Aside from the usual Color Dreams physics issues, I kinda dig this one.  I mean, I have a soft spot for CD anyway, but this wasn't half as bad as some of their games.  And the mix between shooter and platformer was kinda cool too, with neither being great but both helping to keep it feeling fresh.

Ok, NOW I finished Kings Quest V.  I remembered hardly ANYTHING about this game after I beat it years ago.  Def harder and wonkier than I remembered.  Of course where I messed up was, usually when you open something that has an item in it, Graham automatically takes it, except the leg of lamb, and since I opened the chest but didnt take it, I didn't have it, making me locked out of a puzzle later in the game.  I also got very confused at the end when you have to steal the power of the guys wand and every time it completed, he automatically killed me.  That happened 2x and I thought it was a glitch or I messed up, but just bad timing.  Not that fun, go play Maniac Mansion instead.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 256/677
14 hours ago, WashYourFace said:

Crystalis is my #1 ranked NES game. But that's just me. It's just excellently designed.

I love how fast paced the game play is.  The story and it's many cryptic moments are great.  Crystalis has a ton of style and it just never stops being fun to power up and use the Swords.

Edited by PII

11 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Ok, NOW I finished Kings Quest V.  I remembered hardly ANYTHING about this game after I beat it years ago.  Def harder and wonkier than I remembered.  Of course where I messed up was, usually when you open something that has an item in it, Graham automatically takes it, except the leg of lamb, and since I opened the chest but didnt take it, I didn't have it, making me locked out of a puzzle later in the game.  I also got very confused at the end when you have to steal the power of the guys wand and every time it completed, he automatically killed me.  That happened 2x and I thought it was a glitch or I messed up, but just bad timing.  Not that fun, go play Maniac Mansion instead.

Mordack can appear randomly when you're doing the wand transfer thing. He can be a real dick the whole time you're in his castle, so you have to be careful about saving yourself into a reset.

It's a shame because KQV is such a good PC game, and this port was a total fiasco.

Even though it makes you lose, I love eating the meat right in front of the starving bird just to f with him.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Mordack can appear randomly when you're doing the wand transfer thing. He can be a real dick the whole time you're in his castle, so you have to be careful about saving yourself into a reset.

It's a shame because KQV is such a good PC game, and this port was a total fiasco.

Even though it makes you lose, I love eating the meat right in front of the starving bird just to f with him.

Yeah, I knew he could move around in the castle but each time the wand was finished, I couldn't move or take control to pick it up, I was instantly stuck as he was moving in.  So I thought I had messed something up.  Lots of odd logic in that game too but it was Kings Quest.

Toki is done. I played the Switch remake the other day and was surprised by how much more difficult the Switch version actually is. SO I had tzo go back to the NES version and see if my memory was playing a trick on me. But it turns out, that the NES version is indeed much easier, or dare I say, it offers a more reasonable challenge, imho. So while the Switch version obviously looks and sounds far, far, far superior to the NES version, it's a bit more frustrating to play.

Toki.jpg

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 265/677