IGNORED

Hello, friends!

Hello, all! I'm new to the retrogaming scene—though in a way I never left, since I still have my original SNES and mostly play games from the NES through N64 era. I'm extremely interested in fulfilling my childhood dream of developing new games for old systems. I'm a software developer by day, by night I'm close to finishing a master's degree in computer science, and as it happens, I've just found a professor to sponsor me doing an independent study where I write a NES game! I'm getting credit and everything. Did you know the NES has pedagogical value? 😉

I'm also a novelist, musician, and dad, so I keep busy. Excited to be here!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Moderator · Posted
28 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Stephen Colbert Nerd GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

You'll find your fellow nerds in the Homebrew section.  Fun fact, VGS helps get some homebrewer's games published with Mega Cat Studios.  Still a new thing but we are proud and excited about it.  

unnamed_13_480x480.png?v=1657208734

Oh man this would be so much fun to see happen! FYI, Nat and I are friends IRL and he’s super talented. It would be cool to help publish a game of his.

For those also interested, he’s a cool author, with a successful Kickstarter under his belt:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wyngraf/bard-city-blues-a-cozy-fantasy-novel-of-love-and-mystery

• Like 1

• 4 months later...