IGNORED

VGS Cooking Club - Interest Check

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

So without wasting my time writing a novel, I had a novel idea (heh, word play). Would anyone be interested in basically a "recipe of the month club", where we pick a recipe and the idea is that multiple people cook that recipe or even not a specific recipe, rather a particular food and we can choose different recipes to compare?

I know we have some foodies here, curious how many might be interested in participating, if any. 

• Like 4

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I like the idea, but cooking for kids leaves me limited and budgeted.   So consider that a soft commitment.

We could extend it to baking as well if that helps. Maybe we bake some cupcakes or Donuts or something that kids could enjoy. Doesn't have to be high filutant highfalutin! 

Administrator · Posted

I think it sounds fun.  It'd be neat to see how much interest there is.  I would simply need to make accommodations / alterations for many recipes due to no meat and no dairy, but that's ok, I do it all the time anyway.  

I'm curious to see how this would play out in terms of who picks the recipes / ideas, or if we vote on them, etc.  Many different ways to do it.  Consider me interested!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, spacepup said:

I think it sounds fun.  It'd be neat to see how much interest there is.  I would simply need to make accommodations / alterations for many recipes due to no meat and no dairy, but that's ok, I do it all the time anyway.  

I'm curious to see how this would play out in terms of who picks the recipes / ideas, or if we vote on them, etc.  Many different ways to do it.  Consider me interested!

We can always keep any dietary needs in mind. Like honestly I could see us doing "steak and taters week" or something, and you letting us know what subs you make is legit interesting, it's not about challenging ourselves, but sharing our individual methods and preferences. 

As for who picks what I'd be happy to "host" to keep it moving, and people can make suggestions that get put in a queue or similar. Or we could vote, really depends on how often we do it. Monthly could stand a vote, weekly needs a bit more speed. For instance. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Im a terrible cook all around, but can I participate anyway?

Only one way to get better.

I was a terrible cook when i was married. After the divorce, I taught myself to cook and after a few years, I got decent at it. Now, 10 years later, I’m pretty good at it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Only one way to get better.

I was a terrible cook when i was married. After the divorce, I taught myself to cook and after a few years, I got decent at it. Now, 10 years later, I’m pretty good at it. 

I wasn't married, but I was a terrible cook until I broke up with a woman I had been dating for about five years. After that, I started to learn a bit about cooking and I think do just fine now.

• Like 1