IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Yie Ar Kung Fu

BeaIank

5 hours ago, Gloves said:

I'm gonna put this out there in the world now rather than later and say that I assume we're not allowed to infinitely point press level 2. You can punch/kick his fireball for 100 points each, and while it's not easy to do, it is infinite. 

Isn't this game boring enough without point pressing? 😂

Events Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Gloves said:

I'm gonna put this out there in the world now rather than later and say that I assume we're not allowed to infinitely point press level 2. You can punch/kick his fireball for 100 points each, and while it's not easy to do, it is infinite. 

Added a rule that you have 1 full minute to beat Tao, so some point pressing will be allowed at stages 2, 7 and 12.

21 hours ago, BeaIank said:
  • You must beat Tao and Lang (stages 2, 4, 7, 9, 12 and 14) within one minute time at each time. If you can't beat him within one minute time, your run is over. Pause and take your picture.
  • Pause your game after you respawn if you die or at the start of the fight at stage 16 and take your picture

this is a very complicated ruleset. I don't see a timer in this game.

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, G-type said:

this is a very complicated ruleset. I don't see a timer in this game.

I am trusting the honour code here.

It is either that or "Your run ends if you hit a fireball or star for points". Allowing some point pressing there can allow the winner to best optimize it.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

I am trusting the honour code here.

It is either that or "Your run ends if you hit a fireball or star for points". Allowing some point pressing there can allow the winner to best optimize it.

You could set a fireball limit, like you can only hit them five times.

I never even thought to hit the fireballs anyway, I always just ducked or jumped over them.

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I never even thought to hit the fireballs anyway, I always just ducked or jumped over them.

A 5 fireball limit means a set amount of points. A timer limit forces one to consider how many fireballs they can hit in that time span and still beat the opponent.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
23 hours ago, mbd39 said:

22 hours ago, BeaIank said:

A 5 fireball limit means a set amount of points. A timer limit forces one to consider how many fireballs they can hit in that time span and still beat the opponent.

I think it really comes down to simply "pinky promise to not abuse it". Like, in my runs he basically shoots one or two fireballs, then I trap him in a corner and he never does it again, so the point is moot. 

It's different with the throwing stars cuz she'll throw them from relatively close range, but even so once I get her cornered it becomes a non-issue. 

The throwing star chick will throw much more often than fireball guy does his thing, so she's more farmable if someone were so inclined. Fireball guy will approach you much faster while throwing star is happy to hang back more. 

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

I think it really comes down to simply "pinky promise to not abuse it". Like, in my runs he basically shoots one or two fireballs, then I trap him in a corner and he never does it again, so the point is moot. 

Exactly. I am allowing you all to do it. Just don't overdo the point pressing on those fighters.

5 hours ago, Gloves said:

It's different with the throwing stars cuz she'll throw them from relatively close range, but even so once I get her cornered it becomes a non-issue. 

The throwing star chick will throw much more often than fireball guy does his thing, so she's more farmable if someone were so inclined. Fireball guy will approach you much faster while throwing star is happy to hang back more. 

No sane person wants to play three loops of this. You are better off going for the 5000 point perfect bonus instead of farming projectiles.