IGNORED

USA FS: RetroUSB AVS (FPGA NES)

Felixthecat

I bought one of these a long time ago, so long ago I can't even remember now and it showed up at my door this morning randomly. Unfortunately I've already moved on to the RT5X and NESRGB AV Famicom during that time so I don't have much use for it in all honestly. I would like to sell it at-cost, but I'm afraid someone will just flip it on eBay or something. 

Does anyone have any interest in this for what I paid for it (I think $240 after tax+shipping). I see people scalping them on ebay for $400-600 but know that isn't realistic. I just want to be sure you are going to use it and not flip it for profit (because I can do that myself obviously and selfishly), rather see it go into the hands of someone to enjoy. 

I'll check this thread again tomorrow and if there's any interest, I'll post pictures with timestamp etc, I've been on NA in the past and heard this is the replacement, so a good place to get it to someone who would enjoy it.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

I'm pretty tempted.  While I like my top loader with the HD NES kit, let's be honest the whole thing kit aside is decades old and it'll last how long?  And I have dozens of FC games I use a honeybee with, and that's another dirty connector to get fiddly.

I'd end up selling that top loader though, probably at cost too locally for cash, or trading it for a bigger annoyance of a video game price wise I refuse to put up for if that didn't work.

51 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Whoa avs is going for $400……. I do need $$$ for my super famicooooom shooter collection project.

Definitely not, that's just BIN scalpers trying to drive up the price who I'm talking about. But this is essentially at-cost, I can't imagine a better price online for something backordered until the end of the year. Not trying to say this is a rare, expensive oddity or something. Just it's ready to ship if you were after one otherwise it'll just collect dust as a backup system for when I need one 10 years from now lol, still a really cool console but figured I'd check here first.

• Like 1

@Felixthecat and I are working it out.

I think the tapeworm just got excited about the idea of re-selling his own AVS, but realized your price is about right.  For me, I have been looking at the AVS off and on for years and never pulled the trigger.  The thought of a long delay on shipping usually convinced me to back out, but now we can do each other a favor and avoid any eBay fees along the way.

Transaction in progress . . .

• Like 2

Moderator · Posted

It’s not really about being personal. You wrote in your OP that you would check the thread, but then went by who PM’d you first. Those are two completely different things. Yes, tire kickers don’t count, but the person who made the first bonafide offer was ignored because you went with a PM, something you did not say in your post.

If you expect to have a good reputation here, you need to abide by your own rules, as well as ours.

• Agree 2

this is getting pretty good.

op said he would go with thread responses, admittedly went with pm instead but didn’t offer to reset and go with thread responses. 

a3 only deferred to tanoki on terms tanoki would want it. Tanoki gave a half hearted attempt at it. I would have exhausted those two first before moving on.

• Agree 1

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

this is getting pretty good.

op said he would go with thread responses, admittedly went with pm instead but didn’t offer to reset and go with thread responses. 

a3 only deferred to tanoki on terms tanoki would want it. Tanoki gave a half hearted attempt at it. I would have exhausted those two first before moving on.

I agree, its water under the bridge now but it should have been me, tanooki, wongo in that order as buyers. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Idk I would have treated it like a legit inquiry. Otherwise you end up here.

Eh, I don't consider it legit until offer amounts are tossed out.

Money where your mouth is and all that.

Or at the very least "I want this." Not "I'm tempted."

I mean, I could go into every single for sale thread and say "I'm tempted" and nothing else. Does that mean everyone has to wait for me? Fuck that.

I do think taking the PM when you said you'd be checking the thread is a misstep.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Agree 1