IGNORED

Xbox 360 rarest NTSC regular, non limited edition games?

I've been a 360 collector for a while and have known about the NTSC versions of FIFA 19 and F1 2013 being the rarest normal retail releases but was still shocked at the recent auction as was mentioned over in the Sealed and Graded section. Surely all the 360 collectors would have copies by now??

It made me look at eBay, and unless I missed them there no NTSC copies of either one available. I guess these really are the two rarest but what would be the other rarest conventional US/NTSC releases? Asterix, Darkest of Days, Civil War Secret Missions? Does Combat Wings NTSC even really exist? I'm very interested in what everyone else would say based on what they've seen in the wild. 

To note, I'm not asking about intentionally limited collectors editions and the like, just normal releases. I can't help but think a lot may have flown under the radar. 

• Like 2

Operation darkness published by atlus might have a smaller print. NBA elite 11 was recalled I think and is probably the rarest.

Edit: I googled a bit, "armored core for answer" is another sleeper like operation darkness, marvel alliance gold edition has delisted dlc

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

I know nothing about Xbox 360 but bought a copy of Autobahn Polizei once because it seemed cool and uncommon. Like most of the games discussed, there’s still a bunch available or sold, but it seems maybe in the same range?

I am much better versed in Xbox and I tend to say there are no truly rare regular black label Xbox games, which could be the same case for 360 beyond NBA Elite 11 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:57 PM, The Count said:

Asterix is one that I've never seen in the wild, but I recall reading somewhere that it was primarily a Canadian NTSC 360 exclusive, one of the few such ones. It doesn't seem to have very many copies online at any one time. 

Secret Missions is one that I've only ever seen once in the wild, and didn't realize existed for years. It's the sequel to the much more common A Nation Divided, which probably threw me off. 

On 8/30/2023 at 1:09 AM, DefaultGen said:

I know nothing about Xbox 360 but bought a copy of Autobahn Polizei once because it seemed cool and uncommon. Like most of the games discussed, there’s still a bunch available or sold, but it seems maybe in the same range?

I am much better versed in Xbox and I tend to say there are no truly rare regular black label Xbox games, which could be the same case for 360 beyond NBA Elite 11 🤷‍♂️

I actually did exactly the same thing! I've only ever seen Autobahn Polizei once and because it was so unusual to see a 360 game that I didn't know about I got it. Now, it could just be a regional rarity and nobody bought it in my area. 

360 collecting is still all over the place and very few titles are really established as rare. Some random sports titles usually. It seems whenever a game goes up a lot more are listed. What you should be focusing on are those good uncommon games that just keep going up in price like several mentioned here. Operation Darkness went for around 50 bucks when I made the saved search but when I bought it recently it was like 100. Culdcept Saga as mentioned. Im currently looking for the Raiden games and the 2 Konami Classics. Maybe look into the Gundam games

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for Autobahn Polizei. I used to frequent GameStops back when I first started collecting and had no real established goals yet and this is one that I only ever saw one copy of in that long stretch of time.

Anecdotal, yes, but isn’t that how all the best video game rarity lists are made

Edited by Strange