IGNORED

Game Debate #166: Blast Corps

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I can't imagine slogging through Aidyn Chronicles, but Blast Corps would be a lot of fun. So no matter how hard it is I don't think 100% in Blast Corps would be the worst N64 game to beat.

Aidyn Chronicles is really good thoooough!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Apparently two of youse guys have beat Aidyn Chronicles which is how I know I’m on the website for true hardcore gamers. Can you imagine buying Aidyn Chronicles as your first console RPG as a kid after seeing FF2, FF3, Lunar, FF7, and Chrono Cross at your friends’ houses and probably around the time I was playing Neverwinter Nights? Because I can. Tbf my memories are 20 years old at this point. It’s a poignant Hollywood Video bargain bin regret!

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm the guy who beat and enjoyed the console versions of the Ultimas, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master, Wizardry V, Obitus, (mostly) Might and Magic III, etc...

So, even though I've never played Aidyn, I'm right there with you guys.  Janky, unoptimized, WRPG console bastardizations FTW!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm the guy who beat and enjoyed the console versions of the Ultimas, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master, Wizardry V, Obitus, (mostly) Might and Magic III, etc...

So, even though I've never played Aidyn, I'm right there with you guys.  Janky, unoptimized, WRPG console bastardizations FTW!

I played through Doom on 32x.

And LIKED it. 🫠

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I played through Doom on SNES.  And it has no saves!

Impressive, of all the necessary cuts in the game, that was the crime of the century as far as that release went no way to save battery or password.  It's a very very long day trying to do that one start to end, or an increasingly painful one outside Japan jumping to higher episodes as Japan could do E3 on easy, but elsewhere had to be on a high difficulty to do so.

• 5 months later...

Just played through it again via Switch Online. It's not as long as I remember as it took me just under 4 hours to get all gold medals, although I'm not touching the platinum medals any time soon. It is just as good as I remember. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. Apparently I gave it a 9/10 back in August and I stick by that score now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...