IGNORED

📽 VGS Streaming - What do you want to watch??

VGS Streaming Questionnaire   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform would you want to watch VGS Streams/Videos

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Other: (Specify with a comment)
    • None (I don't want to watch anything VGS will make/produce)
  2. 2. What kind of content are you interested in watching

• "Retro" game play
    • "Modern" game play
    • Commentary on a game (aka review/opinion)
    • "Just Chatting" (aka podcast about video game related stuff)
    • Other: (Specify with a comment)
  3. 3. Do you currently watch any "streamers"?

• Yes! - I watch one or more streamers on a regular basis
    • Sometimes - I sporadically watch a stream every now and then
    • Kinda - I watch recorded streams or highlight/recap videos of streams
    • Not any more - Use to but stopped watching streams
    • No, but I'm interested in watching VGS stuff
    • Never have, never will
  4. 4. What would make you interested in watching a VGS stream?

• Nothing - I'm never going to watch a stream
    • Other - Open ended so you'll need to comment with a specific answer
    • I don't have any specific ideas right now

Social Team · Posted

fOuKTAA.png

VGS is looking to get into streaming and wants to get your opinion on some things before we dive into this new endeavor.  Please fill out the quick little questionnaire and feel free to leave a comment on any thoughts you have.  Later on we'll post a thread about some streaming topics ideas and ask for any volunteers interested in being part of the VGS Stream Team. 

Editorials Team · Posted

I always thought it would be great for us to tap into the expertise of the VGS community and have people stream themselves demolishing the slightly-obscure games that they're experts at. Or have people challenge each other to a single run of a game like Tetris/Contra/whatever and see who can get the farthest. I'm trying to think of things that would be unique, in a world of tons of streamers just playing games and hoping to somehow become famous.

Social Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Splain said:

I always thought it would be great for us to tap into the expertise of the VGS community and have people stream themselves demolishing the slightly-obscure games that they're experts at. Or have people challenge each other to a single run of a game like Tetris/Contra/whatever and see who can get the farthest. I'm trying to think of things that would be unique, in a world of tons of streamers just playing games and hoping to somehow become famous.

LOL, I don't think the goal of the stream channel is to be famous.  The goal is to have fun doing or watching the stream.  Secondary goal is to get the VGS name out there for other like minded individuals to join the community and make it better.  A growing community is a strong community.  But I do like your idea of members flexing their skills.  There is some crazy talent from looking at those Weekly NES Challenge scores.  

I don’t use and don’t know how to use twitch.  I’m old.  Don’t make me learn new stuff.  I tried to use tictok one time and they showed me a lot of asses which was nice but I couldn’t even figure out how to control it.  

I want some Gloves VGS State of the union addresses.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I don’t use and don’t know how to use twitch.  I’m old.  Don’t make me learn new stuff.  I tried to use tictok one time and they showed me a lot of asses which was nice but I couldn’t even figure out how to control it.  

I love the idea of a VGS State of the union address from Gloves.  And with regards to using Twitch, I get it.  Using any new thing can be a pain in the ass.  This is why I'm leaning towards reposting streams to YouTube since everyone knows that AND you can watch any time you got some time to kill.  Appreciate you pointing out that you are not familiar with that platform.  I'm sure there are many more like you too 😉

• Like 1

I guess the tough part is you have to catch it live, since it's live. I responded to the survey already but I watch a ton of streams and YouTube, and I would absolutely follow/watch VGS if I'm available when it's up.

Would love to see tutorials on obscure games, guest visits from random members going over all kinds of games. Talking about strategy/hidden secrets, or just showcasing a "hidden gem" they really like.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I submit the option of "Top 10 Rare Games for [INSERT CONSOLE]" here, but instead of the same drivel we get in the numerous videos we see, give a brief run down on true rarity, what that looks like for the given system and discuss with "experts" who've been collecting for each respective system for 20+ years on what's truly rare, but not necessarily valuable.

I know I've mentioned this in another post on YouTube and related content, but I think it'd be really, really cool to see the community get together, may even collaborate on factual content in a thread for a bit, and then the video makers can make the videos plus maybe in a podcast format, interview and discuss the topic of rare games with some of our experts here in VGS.

38 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Lol, I can hear it now..

"....Four Scores And Seven Beers Ago....   ...Our Whore Fathers Descended Upon Our Whore Mothers In A Greasy Back Yard Sort Of Way...." 

...And Then There Was Gaming...  

(applause, applause, swelling applause! )

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Khromak said:

I guess the tough part is you have to catch it live, since it's live.

That would be a non starter for me.  I don’t think I’d ever watch live.  I’m fully committed to the TIVO revolution.  I’ve got a few, I guess you call them podcasts or something that post streamed stuff to YouTube and that’s the way for me.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm an outlier,but I have absolutely no interest in game streaming.  I'll use my precious gaming hours to actually play something myself.

Definitely interested in comedic content if we had genuinely funny people like @DefaultGen, or podcast style discussions if it's about content I'm into it.  

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm an outlier,but I have absolutely no interest in game streaming.  I'll use my precious gaming hours to actually play something myself.

Definitely interested in comedic content if we had genuinely funny people like @DefaultGen, or podcast style discussions if it's about content I'm into it.  

VGS has money but not enough to hire the talents of @DefaultGen.  So far the feed back has been good and much more positive than I thought.  I think we'll be able to do a couple of things which one or more will be of interest to most VGS members if the current response is a good representation of the active VGS community.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

VGS has money but not enough to hire the talents of @DefaultGen.  So far the feed back has been good and much more positive than I thought.  I think we'll be able to do a couple of things which one or more will be of interest to most VGS members if the current response is a good representation of the active VGS community.

Yo don't go telling people we have money, how am I supposed to slowly embezzle it with you telling people it exists?

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Khromak said:

"Using" Twitch to watch a stream is no more complicated than Youtube, Netflix, Disney+, etc. You go to the website and click on the person you want to watch. Or you just click the link and go directly to their page.

He's old, he already checked out.

Events Helper · Posted
17 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

LOL, I don't think the goal of the stream channel is to be famous.  The goal is to have fun doing or watching the stream.  Secondary goal is to get the VGS name out there for other like minded individuals to join the community and make it better.  A growing community is a strong community.  But I do like your idea of members flexing their skills.  There is some crazy talent from looking at those Weekly NES Challenge scores.  

I try to mention vgs on my stream and have even shown off @T-Pac art on stream.  He did my banners and such for twitch/youtube and people wanted to know who did them so I showed off his werewolf and avatar art.  just so happened I was on the vgs page 😉

Graphics Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I try to mention vgs on my stream and have even shown off @T-Pac art on stream.  He did my banners and such for twitch/youtube and people wanted to know who did them so I showed off his werewolf and avatar art.  just so happened I was on the vgs page 😉

Thanks, dude!

I want to try a few live doodling streams once we get the VGS Stream Team going. It seems like fun if I can get the hang of it and if people are interested in joining to watch and chat.

[T-Pac]

• Like 1