IGNORED

What's your holy grail that you want or own?

5 hours ago, 360collector said:

I would say the german exclusive ocarina of time special edition complete in nice condition. Its on ebay for like 800 euros but the import fees kill the deal

s-l1600.jpg.3218c9c9823a6e32933f421067d50eaa.jpg

I love this. Saw a video on it years ago and thought it looked great. And I'm not even an Ocarina fan. 

Good luck on getting this. 

• Like 1

Long answer incoming.

Some personal grails to me are things like the elemental gearbolt assassin's case or the uncharted 2 fortune hunter editions because they're rare and look great. 

The one I followed for years is the starwing challenge manual. The instruction booklet for the competition cart. I already have the game so it would complete the set. But I think its because I have the game already that I want it. 

Then I reread the topics question and realised the answer: Being a director for a day on Mina the hollower! I didnt know what kickstarter was until I saw a release trailer for shovel knight on the wii u. I've always wanted to be in a game since I saw violet berlin in micro machines 2. So when I saw the wandering travellers in shovel knight I was pissed that I missed out on something so cool. Shovel knight means a lot to me, so when I saw yacht club games were making another kickstarter game, I had to back at a premium tier. And luckily I did. Cant wait for the world to see what YCG and I made together.     Screenshot_20230729-052216_Gallery.jpg.84c058bbb88dddb85d985b44091908c1.jpg

• Like 2

One of my holy moly grail would be a brand new SNES copy for Zelda a Link To The Past. I’m particularly interested in the Australian version, which never came sealed. From the 15 years of collecting, I’ve yet to see a brand new copy come up and I’m not even sure if such a copy still exists! 

In the meantime, I’m happy to own a nice CIB copy but with a twist.. 
The accompanying “Top Secret” pamphlet, which has remained sealed and unused. I’ve not seen another sealed Australian variant, so making this a mini-grail in its own right!

FF58D3BD-C0BD-4B5D-8342-C0DB87F96498.jpeg.000242afe39644b12f166c5013776a2c.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Long answer incoming.

Some personal grails to me are things like the elemental gearbolt assassin's case or the uncharted 2 fortune hunter editions because they're rare and look great. 

The one I followed for years is the starwing challenge manual. The instruction booklet for the competition cart. I already have the game so it would complete the set. But I think its because I have the game already that I want it. 

Then I reread the topics question and realised the answer: Being a director for a day on Mina the hollower! I didnt know what kickstarter was until I saw a release trailer for shovel knight on the wii u. I've always wanted to be in a game since I saw violet berlin in micro machines 2. So when I saw the wandering travellers in shovel knight I was pissed that I missed out on something so cool. Shovel knight means a lot to me, so when I saw yacht club games were making another kickstarter game, I had to back at a premium tier. And luckily I did. Cant wait for the world to see what YCG and I made together.     Screenshot_20230729-052216_Gallery.jpg.84c058bbb88dddb85d985b44091908c1.jpg

What was your level involvement in the directing of the game?

4 hours ago, GPX said:

What was your level involvement in the directing of the game?

I'm making an NPC. I had to update my paying details and when I did, the main director tier was gone. Had enough time to get assistant director but not the funds. So I'm 1 of the 20 which backed at NPC director for a day. 

Events Team · Posted
13 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

I just bought this game...

Hide contents

s-l1600.png

Looks pretty rad.  I was thinking it reminded me of the Tempest sequels (2000, 3000).  Apparently the dude who produce 2000 for the Jaguar produced the PS4 Polybius.  Not a grail but I might give it shot.  No VR for me though.

Well... I've always regretted not buying Samson when I wanted to and hoped I found it in a box/garage somewhere so that would be my personal holy grail. For nothing more other pure spite and stubbornness. 

If we're going with the semantics from DarkTone, then my white whale is Samson and grail would be something like a crazy prototype or something I have never even thought of. I don't really have an actual "Holy Grail" desire to find something no one else has, though, that I am looking for. 

I mean... I kinda have it already with my Custom NES.... ssssooo.... that's one of a kind in the entire UNIVERSE. 🤣 I don't actual consider that to count, though, because it's not an OEM item. Some random guy, albeit a pretty (in)famous one, did it, but it's nothing THAT special. 

9 hours ago, AirVillain said:

If we're going with the semantics from DarkTone, then my white whale is Samson and grail would be something like a crazy prototype or something I have never even thought of. I don't really have an actual "Holy Grail" desire to find something no one else has, though, that I am looking for.

Hear me out: Little Samson Prototype

In all seriousness there were a couple of Cocoron games that never saw the light of day, and that is sort of the precursor to Little Samson (similar gameplay and by the same company, Takeru). i think the PC Engine one was even finished, but got canned because Takeru went kaput

• Wow! 1

11 hours ago, Ankos said:

Hear me out: Little Samson Prototype

In all seriousness there were a couple of Cocoron games that never saw the light of day, and that is sort of the precursor to Little Samson (similar gameplay and by the same company, Takeru). i think the PC Engine one was even finished, but got canned because Takeru went kaput

Holy shit. THat'd be pretty wild, haha. 

6 hours ago, DarkTone said:

For grails I already own, I would probably go with my Miya 2000. Still so much to discover about this thing. 

Screenshot_20230730-072729_Gallery.jpg

WHAT? 🤯

What have you got there??? Are you seriously supposed to hit that ball with a swing?

What kind of club are we talking about here? Looks like a pretty legit club in the photo. I'm very intrigued. 🧐

Social Team · Posted
4 hours ago, AirVillain said:

WHAT? 🤯

What have you got there??? Are you seriously supposed to hit that ball with a swing?

What kind of club are we talking about here? Looks like a pretty legit club in the photo. I'm very intrigued. 🧐

If it's made of plastic I would think one good hit would free the ball and there goes the TV or window.  Also hope you got high ceilings for that back swing 😏

6 hours ago, AirVillain said:

WHAT? 🤯

Haha yeah. The mat has a sensor that reads the ball. Speed, direction, etc. And when the physical ball is hit, so is the ball in the game. It uses every club. I use the putter because its inside. 

Still can't believe this thing exists. 

4 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

If it's made of plastic I would think one good hit would free the ball and there goes the TV or window.  Also hope you got high ceilings for that back swing 😏

Hopefully we get some more clarity below... 

2 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Haha yeah. The mat has a sensor that reads the ball. Speed, direction, etc. And when the physical ball is hit, so is the ball in the game. It uses every club. I use the putter because its inside. 

Still can't believe this thing exists. 

Sorry... Are you saying "yeah" to me, as in "yeah, you use a legit golf club and hit the ball."??? 

You step up to a toy that's plugged into an NES and you HIT IT WITH A GOLF CLUB? 😳

Putting I could see.... but... the iron that's shown in the photo?? Dang. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Hopefully we get some more clarity below... 

Sorry... Are you saying "yeah" to me, as in "yeah, you use a legit golf club and hit the ball."??? 

You step up to a toy that's plugged into an NES and you HIT IT WITH A GOLF CLUB? 😳

Putting I could see.... but... the iron that's shown in the photo?? Dang. 

My bad. I meant you use a real club and real ball. Not like that other golf / baseball peripheral where it just registers a swing. I need to read the manual again because I think you can still play it without the ball. 

Also, you still need a controller to play certain parts, which means it can be used as an expensive extension lead to play other NES games. But Jack Nicklaus is the only one that works with a club. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 1:40 AM, DarkTone said:

My bad. I meant you use a real club and real ball. Not like that other golf / baseball peripheral where it just registers a swing. I need to read the manual again because I think you can still play it without the ball. 

Also, you still need a controller to play certain parts, which means it can be used as an expensive extension lead to play other NES games. But Jack Nicklaus is the only one that works with a club. 

Wild... so... you hit the ball off that little plastic arm? Good god I can't imagine doing that without smashing something. First of all.... I'm not a great golfer so I have made a few divots in my time on the greens. So... if you hit the bottom of that, it's probably not great. But, let's say I DO hit the ball... it goes into a net that you've set up yourself???

What'd the manual say? Can you play without the ball? 😅

Haha, that's awesome. That's a hilarious flex.

"Yeah, I use the Miya 2000 Computer Gold Simulator as an extension... No big deal." 😆

On 8/4/2023 at 6:17 PM, AirVillain said:

Wild... so... you hit the ball off that little plastic arm? Good god I can't imagine doing that without smashing something. First of all.... I'm not a great golfer so I have made a few divots in my time on the greens. So... if you hit the bottom of that, it's probably not great. But, let's say I DO hit the ball... it goes into a net that you've set up yourself???

What'd the manual say? Can you play without the ball? 😅

Haha, that's awesome. That's a hilarious flex.

"Yeah, I use the Miya 2000 Computer Gold Simulator as an extension... No big deal." 😆

Yeah, you set up a net and go nuts! I'm not doing that so I only use a putter. The manual confirms it can be used without a ball! It also says it can be used as a stand alone swing checker, no NES needed. 

20230805_210812.jpg

• Love 1

On 8/5/2023 at 4:20 PM, DarkTone said:

Yeah, you set up a net and go nuts! I'm not doing that so I only use a putter. The manual confirms it can be used without a ball! It also says it can be used as a stand alone swing checker, no NES needed. 

20230805_210812.jpg

That is fucking ASTOUNDING!!

I downloaded the picture and flipped it so I could read it though, haha. 

As good 'ol J.R. would say... "BY GAWD!!!!"

So apparently the device reads the swing off the little rubber tee (one for woods and one for irons) so it will register a swing whether there's a ball there or not. Fuckin' radical...

You say you only use the putter... is there a setting in the game where you can play JUST the "greens"??? Or a mini-putt option???? 

Playing an actual MIni-Putt game I think would be the best/most efficient use of this contraption.

But fuck... I think it'd be awesome to slap a couple balls off that bad boy into a bed sheet 🤣 I'd be worried I would crush the machine, though. 

Social Team · Posted

@AirVillain pssst.... check out the later version that is for PC or PS2 (it needs an adapter though) and it's only $45.

https://www.goodwillfinds.com/electronics/video-games-and-consoles/accessories/golf-launchpad-usb-golf-simulator-for-pc%2Fmac/10011-0000-370712.html

_lastCapturedImage_20230720_125309.jpg?q

_lastCapturedImage_20230720_125509.(2).j

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 1:28 PM, AirVillain said:

That is fucking ASTOUNDING!!

I downloaded the picture and flipped it so I could read it though, haha. 

As good 'ol J.R. would say... "BY GAWD!!!!"

So apparently the device reads the swing off the little rubber tee (one for woods and one for irons) so it will register a swing whether there's a ball there or not. Fuckin' radical...

You say you only use the putter... is there a setting in the game where you can play JUST the "greens"??? Or a mini-putt option???? 

Playing an actual MIni-Putt game I think would be the best/most efficient use of this contraption.

But fuck... I think it'd be awesome to slap a couple balls off that bad boy into a bed sheet 🤣 I'd be worried I would crush the machine, though. 

Yeah. The club chosen has to be the same on both the game and the device. As for the game, I think its front 9, back 9 or all 18 holes. Never made it past hole 3, the game is pretty meh. 

On 8/7/2023 at 1:46 PM, FireHazard51 said:

@AirVillain pssst.... check out the later version that is for PC or PS2 (it needs an adapter though) and it's only $45.

https://www.goodwillfinds.com/electronics/video-games-and-consoles/accessories/golf-launchpad-usb-golf-simulator-for-pc%2Fmac/10011-0000-370712.html

_lastCapturedImage_20230720_125309.jpg?q

_lastCapturedImage_20230720_125509.(2).j

Haha, wild!! It'd be fun to grab a set of clubs and give it a shot, but I fear it wouldn't last a full round. 

But the concept is far ahead of it's time. They have this shit (indoor golf courses) all over the place now. My Aunt's sister (biologically not my Aunt and never knew her as MY Aunt....? Ssssssoooooo.... Aunt's sister's place) has an indoor golf course in her retirement residence. 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Yeah. The club chosen has to be the same on both the game and the device. As for the game, I think its front 9, back 9 or all 18 holes. Never made it past hole 3, the game is pretty meh. 

Interesting. At least they give you a choice for 9.  I got you... I mean, give me that Mini-Putt game and I'm all good!

I just laugh at the thought of them being like "Yup.... We want ppl to use a driver on this thing."

As I just said.... so far ahead of its time. 😅

Moderator · Posted
3 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Haha, wild!! It'd be fun to grab a set of clubs and give it a shot, but I fear it wouldn't last a full round. 

But the concept is far ahead of it's time. They have this shit (indoor golf courses) all over the place now. My Aunt's sister (biologically not my Aunt and never knew her as MY Aunt....? Ssssssoooooo.... Aunt's sister's place) has an indoor golf course in her retirement residence. 🤷‍♂️

Interesting. At least they give you a choice for 9.  I got you... I mean, give me that Mini-Putt game and I'm all good!

I just laugh at the thought of them being like "Yup.... We want ppl to use a driver on this thing."

As I just said.... so far ahead of its time. 😅

I have an indoor simulator in my pool house, where I would’ve put my games if I wanted to display them. Can work on my golf game all year round! 

D55D28A5-64D8-4234-9F04-53855D91B746.png

• Wow! 2