IGNORED

Hey there, long time no see.

It's been a bit! For anyone who I haven't met or who doesn't remember me back from NA, here's a few key points:

• Joined when I was about 15 or so (I think), definitely one of the younger ones.
  • Traded a mario coin shaped "paper clip" up to a boxed PSP and a few other goodies.
  • Ran Season 2 of Survivor when that was a thing, played in a few of the other forum games like that.

Some time during high school I stopped collecting as much as I used to, and slowly stopped being as active. I always kept tabs of course, I'm still in the discord and poke my head in every so often or when someone summons me with a ping, still watched from the sidelines as everything shifted over here from NA. But retro games fell to the backburner for me as good deals were getting harder to find and I started getting into other hobbies, mainly Tabletop RPGs. I've gotten a few goodies over the years whenever I got the itch again, things like my Power Glove and a few random figurines to add to my shelf. My game shelf if just as full as it was years ago, so unfortunately not much room for new games.

Since the time I left, I've gone to college, gotten my degree in Computer Science, and now I'm in the post-college fugue state where I don't have much to do while I look for work. A few of my friends and I met up recently and we talked a lot about retro games, one of my friends wanted to try Castlevania 2 and I had to get them through a lot of the false floor bits, another one got a Super Famicom game on his trip to Japan and wanted help cleaning the contacts and getting it working. All this is getting me interested in the hobby again, and since I'm dipping my toes back in the hobby I figured I should at least say hello! I'm 100% the type of person to wonder how people I haven't spoken to in years are doing, and being one of those people that never get heard from again wouldn't sit right with me in any case.

Nowadays, like I said I play and collect a lot of Tabletop RPGs, even made a super successful club for it while I went to college that had ~800 members by the time I left. I do 3D printing, which I think I did for a few people here back when I started out, but now my printers are much higher quality and super detailed. I still play games almost daily, but more often than not it's easier to play modern games than to set up the consoles to play something from my collection. I also play MtG with friends once a week or so, so there's still quite a lot going on hobby wise.

But yeah, that's what I've been up to, how's everyone else doing? Even just looking on the main page I saw a lot of familiar names, I'm interested in what everyone else has been up to since I've been gone.

• Like 2

Social Team · Posted
9 hours ago, GoldeneyeGamer said:

It's been a bit! For anyone who I haven't met or who doesn't remember me back from NA, here's a few key points:

• Joined when I was about 15 or so (I think), definitely one of the younger ones.
  • Traded a mario coin shaped "paper clip" up to a boxed PSP and a few other goodies.
  • Ran Season 2 of Survivor when that was a thing, played in a few of the other forum games like that.

yada yada yada yada....

So are you an old hand at Werewolf????

Also....

Stephen Colbert Nerd GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, GoldeneyeGamer said:

I still play games almost daily, but more often than not it's easier to play modern games than to set up the consoles to play something from my collection.

I’ve been playing emulation for years because it’s easier than keeping my old systems set up. Between my pets and my kids I’m too nervous that would damage my stuff

• 3 months later...