IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Solomon's key

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome back, warriors. I hope you enjoyed your break and rested your muscles.
Because now we will resume our contest, and you will need to lay down the brawl and get them brains to work to solve the puzzling... SOLOMON'S KEY!

Here are the rules for this skirmish:

• Play until Game Over
  • Take your picture on the Game Over screen.  Alternately, you may take your picture on the Title Screen if the Game Over screen disappears
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Puzzle

The contest ends Sunday, 07/09/23 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I've always loved this game, but man some of those rooms are tough.

Anyway, reserved for score...

This is my pick for deepest, most complex game on the NES. Just the amount of secrets and shit is astounding. And yes it's also hard as hell.

Edited by mbd39

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:
3 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I've always loved this game, but man some of those rooms are tough.

Anyway, reserved for score...

This is my pick for deepest, most complex game on the NES. Just the amount of secrets and shit is astounding. And yes it's also hard as hell.

Totally.  Complex/Deep/Secretive like Mighty Bomb Jack, except harder, lol.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This may be the deadest contest thread of all time. I was just going to skip this week, but I might be able to finish second just by posting a score.

I was blaming 4th of July weekend for this thread being deader than usual. But only one score by Friday is pretty bad.

I admit I haven't played yet. I'll definitely try to get in a score.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

I was blaming 4th of July weekend for this thread being deader than usual. But only one score by Friday is pretty bad.

I admit I haven't played yet. I'll definitely try to get in a score.

I hadn't planned on playing this, but if I can get a top 5 score by just posting something Sunday, I might as well.

Yeah, this is one of those old-school early NES games with a million super cryptic ways to get points that you can't really just "learn" on your own.  Then combine that with the first week of July being one of the busiest weeks of the year (outside of Christmas) for most North Americans, and this is what you get.

Anyway, I've put in my score for this week, so there's the target on my back for whoever has time, but I'm done... 😛

9 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, this is one of those old-school early NES games with a million super cryptic ways to get points that you can't really just "learn" on your own.  Then combine that with the first week of July being one of the busiest weeks of the year (outside of Christmas) for most North Americans, and this is what you get.

Anyway, I've put in my score for this week, so there's the target on my back for whoever has time, but I'm done... 😛

I've never played this and it doesn't look like something I'd enjoy at all, but maybe I can do like last week and get a top 5 score just by making an attempt.

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I waited until the last minute and that's all I had time for. I think I had over 800k when we played this last time.

I've been really lax on the contest since moving, been going out to different places for dinner lately to try the local food since we had a few days of... not rain. Lol Nova Scotia is wet, bro.