IGNORED

Final Fantasy 16 is looking good

fox

You mean still no cute chicks in your party...as a matter of fact you don't even get a party/team at all!  Just this revolving door of characters sort of thing.  Yeah, not worth at all getting a PS5 just for this one game 😞

Now when will we hear anything new about Dragon Quest 12...

Editorials Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Estil said:

You mean still no cute chicks in your party...as a matter of fact you don't even get a party/team at all!  Just this revolving door of characters sort of thing.  Yeah, not worth at all getting a PS5 just for this one game 😞

Now when will we hear anything new about Dragon Quest 12...

Final Fantasy XVI gets the franchise's best reviews in nearly 20 years

Estil: "No hot teenagers?  Fuck this shit!"

Administrator · Posted
55 minutes ago, Strange said:

Man this is one of the few modern games released recently that has actually kept me engaged.

I agree regarding engagement.  I am really enjoying the story and characters in this one.  I'm much more invested in both than the previous game (15).

I don't know exactly, but I'd guess I'm maybe 8-10 hours into the game at this point.  I'm really enjoying it so far!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

@Sumez I read main story is 30h with all the cinematic etc. I mean doing all side missions, etc.

This tracks, I’m 45% done at 15 hours in. But I’ve also left it sitting open while doing something else in the house so that’s probably contributed an hour or so.

2 hours ago, Strange said:

This tracks, I’m 45% done at 15 hours in. But I’ve also left it sitting open while doing something else in the house so that’s probably contributed an hour or so.

Sounds like you're getting your money's worth, as you should with a good JRPG.  But still, almost $600 (PS5+FF16+sales tax), just for that one game...it doesn't seem right 😞

• Haha 2

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Estil said:

Sounds like you're getting your money's worth, as you should with a good JRPG.  But still, almost $600 (PS5+FF16+sales tax), just for that one game...it doesn't seem right 😞

This is where I start to tell @Estil about all of the other games yet again, but then don't bother 😅

Administrator · Posted

There are lots of good PS5 games.  "Lots" is probably subjective, and depends on one's interests - before I get crucified or challenged about exactly which exclusive and what is 'worth' it, I'll just say that for me personally, I've already gotten hundreds of hours of entertainment out of the console, and don't regret the purchase one bit.  Much (not all) of that has been from exclusive content.  I don't have a super amazing gaming PC, so being able to play Horizon: Forbidden West on PS5, has been amazing (and I absolutely love the game).

I wouldn't advise anyone buy a console just for one game, but I don't think most people do that.  Maybe one game motivates someone to get a console, but they're not literally spending $500-600+ just to play Final Fantasy and nothing else ever (in most cases).

From what I heard, it's literally the exact same game, playing the exact same way, except with some updated graphics (which are polarizing too, though I like what I have seen). Of course that itself is great, but hardly a reason for a brand new console that takes up half my living room. 😄 

Administrator · Posted

I guess I was destined to buy a PS5 no matter what.  There is no way I'd miss out on more Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy, etc.

I've really enjoyed the system, but like anything else - some will love it, some won't want it.  Don't want it? Ok 🤷‍♂️  For me, I absolutely don't regret the purchase, even though I also have a PS4.

As for this thread - Final Fantasy - it's honestly pretty darn good in my opinion.  And I think it has the absolute best iteration of Cid of any of the Final Fantasy games.  He's a really major character in this game.  

It feels very different from many of the other Final Fantasy games, and I'm ok with that, it's kinda cool.  I like the direction they went with it, and it's also nice to know I won't need to sink 100+ hours into yet another game hah.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I guess I was destined to buy a PS5 no matter what.  There is no way I'd miss out on more Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy, etc.

I am destined to get one, for sure. I'd just really like to hold out until they release a new SKU. With only two games on the platform so far, it's an easy wait, but the positive reception for FF16 does make me anxious to try it.

I'd like to get one eventually for a few games and that PSVR2 because that one sounds like a VR headset that's finally up to the standards with someone who gets motion sickness can use.  However, I'm going to wait until those items are in the "bargain bin", and  gauging by that fact that the PS 4 is still developed for, I'm likely to not get a PS5 with a VR setup for another 15 years.

Well at least the kids will be out of the house and I won't have to worry about sharing. 😛

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 7:19 AM, RH said:

Well at least the kids will be out of the house and I won't have to worry about sharing. 😛

But what about sharing and caring?  And I'm now currently working on Tales of Berseria, which (like the first Phantasy Star) stars a chick! 

Then you got Tales of Zesteria (the above game is its prequel) and I managed to get the newest Tales game (Arise) for just $15 new...so I think I still got more than enough on the PS3/PS4 to keep me busy trophy hunting!