IGNORED

How do you pronounce Ninja Gaiden?

docile tapeworm

How do you pronounce Ninja Gaiden?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce Ninja Gaiden?

6 hours ago, Link said:

I find it interesting that short vowels can all sound similar at times. Quick example off the top of my head, try to pronounce the U in "injure" as a short E or I, there is very little difference and often wouldn't be noticeable at all if you heard somebody else do this. Even an O (as in "major") sounds pretty much the same. Maybe this isn't so in Canoodian talk but as someone who grew up in NJ (and doesn't have a "Jersey accent") that's how I am. 

Canadian, Cunadee-en, Kinadee-in, Kenadian, all sound the same as I would say them.

Begel is straight up wrong, though 😂 Bagel has a long A. 

That's why I have a hard time spelling words when there are a lot of vowels involved, especially E and I as they're almost interchangeable. It is funny how there's little pockets or regions that have distinct accents or slang. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Link said:

And Canada doesn't say sorry. Y'all say soory 😝 

I know Americans think Canadians talk funny, but Americans just haven't looked in the mirror enough about this😁 In Canada we basically have one accent that gets thicker and thicker the farther east you travel, starting in BC where we sound like "West coast Americans", all the way to Newfoundland, where the local talk sounds like an irish lumberjack slurring everything together at 120% regular speed and at a slightly higher pitch.

My big beef with American pronunciation, and this is true of so many regions despite varying regional vocabulary, is that so many Americans cannot properly pronounce the letter "A", like the sound found in the words "man, can, stand, slam, grand, damn, ham", and of course, "Canada". I can't really type out the way it sounds as well as I could speak an impression of it, but many Americans pronounce this slight "ee" sound when pronouncing that A. They don't say "Canada", in slo-mo they'd say "Kee-anada" with the "ee" sound slipped in there quickly and subtly. I know an American girl named Amber who can't even say her own name correctly, it sounds like she's saying Eeamber.

I cee-an't steeand it, this is true of like 35 states and I've never heard anyone else point it out lol. 

Edited by Quaze

29 minutes ago, Quaze said:

I know Americans think Canadians talk funny, but Americans just haven't looked in the mirror enough about this😁 In Canada we basically have one accent that gets thicker and thicker the farther east you travel, starting in BC where we sound like "West coast Americans", all the way to Newfoundland, where the local talk sounds like an irish lumberjack slurring everything together at 120% regular speed and at a slightly higher pitch.

My big beef with American pronunciation, and this is true of so many regions despite varying regional vocabulary, is that so many Americans cannot properly pronounce the letter "A", like the sound found in the words "man, can, stand, slam, grand, damn, ham", and of course, "Canada". I can't really type out the way it sounds as well as I could speak an impression of it, but many Americans pronounce this slight "ee" sound when pronouncing that A. They don't say "Canada", in slo-mo they'd say "Kee-anada" with the "ee" sound slipped in there quickly and subtly. I know an American girl named Amber who can't even say her own name correctly, it sounds like she's saying Eeamber.

I cee-an't steeand it, this is true of like 35 states and I've never heard anyone else point it out lol. 

I think we gotta get some audio clips in here of people all speaking 

Editorials Team · Posted
46 minutes ago, Quaze said:

know Americans think Canadians talk funny, but Americans just haven't looked in the mirror enough about this

We make fun of the speaking styles of the South, the Midwest, Texas, the Valley, Minnesota, Boston, the Bronx, Juggalo nation, Eddie Vedder...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

We make fun of the speaking styles of the South, the Midwest, Texas, the Valley, Minnesota, Boston, the Bronx, Juggalo nation, Eddie Vedder...

Oh man, I've been doing the Eddie Vedder accent for years (aka jutting out my lower jaw and turning every vowel to A, Creed style)

And of course I speak fluent Juggalo, ninja! 😆

2 hours ago, Quaze said:

Man, I don't have a fuckin' clue what you're talking about, and I've lived east coast, west coast, and middle. Obviously some people say stuff flat-out wrong, but I'm shocked at how widespread you're calling it. I don't think I've ever heard this a = "ee" thing.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Worst American pronounciation I've heard is the word "decal."  Why does every American say DEE-cal, with a massive emphasis on the first syllable, alomst as if they're seperating it into two words?  Like wtf?  Why can't you just say decal?

How are you pronouncing it?  Da cal?

I collect arcade games and every American I've ever talked to about decals for side art and whatnot says DEE-cal - it sounds so utterly strange to me.  Why does that one word need such a huge emphasis on one syllable like that?  Why not just say the word the same way you would say literally every other two-syllable word in the English language?  Makes no sense to me...

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I collect arcade games and every American I've ever talked to about decals for side art and whatnot says DEE-cal - it sounds so utterly strange to me.  Why does that one word need such a huge emphasis on one syllable like that?  Why not just say the word the same way you would say literally every other two-syllable word in the English language?  Makes no sense to me...

You also drink Deh-Caf coffee, don't you? 😛