IGNORED

Name the game!

Editorials Team · Posted
28 minutes ago, AverageOliver98 said:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)

Ding ding ding! It's the a claw game where you can win a Yoshi doll. It's how the game-long trading sequence starts out. Not to be confused with the Mario Party games where you also try to grab Yoshi in a claw game.

5 hours ago, Splain said:

Ding ding ding! It's the a claw game where you can win a Yoshi doll. It's how the game-long trading sequence starts out. Not to be confused with the Mario Party games where you also try to grab Yoshi in a claw game.

That's what threw me off. It looked like a Yoshi toy instead of the real character and I've never played the 2019 Link's Awakening remake.

9 hours ago, Splain said:

I remember doing that long trading sequence in the original (without a guide, no less!) and I recalled that it always starts with Yoshi doll.

Seeing that it was a plushie and knowing that you are also a handheld guide, I knew right away this was the Link’s Awakening Remake.  That was a good pick!

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's what threw me off. It looked like a Yoshi toy instead of the real character and I've never played the 2019 Link's Awakening remake.

Yoshi was a cool Easter egg in the original game too.  I’ve not played the remake either but I recalled seeing him in a promo video when they showed off the mini game room. It’s kind of hard to forget a cute, small Yoshi cameo when you spot it. 🙂

2 minutes ago, RH said:

I remember doing that long trading sequence in the original (without a guide, no less!) and I recalled that it always starts with Yoshi doll.

Seeing that it was a plushie and knowing that you are also a handheld guide, I knew right away this was the Link’s Awakening Remake.  That was a good pick!

Yoshi was a cool Easter egg in the original game too.  I’ve not played the remake either but I recalled seeing him in a promo video when they showed off the mini game room. It’s kind of hard to forget a cute, small Yoshi cameo when you spot it. 🙂

I think I remember it from the original game, but I haven't played it since 1993 and I don't remember if it was in the 1998 Game Boy Color version or not, although I'm sure it was.

I'm gonna guess that this is an RPG and considering it's uhhhh... shape, I'm going to guess it's a Shin Megami Tensei game.

I've never played any of those games, but I've seen some screencaps you guys have posted.  I guess that's my guess--Shin Megami Tensei, but it could certainly be any game in the franchise from the PS1 era, or maybe on a handheld, considering that those polys look a bit jaggy.