IGNORED

Tea

fcgamer

Administrator · Posted

Well, I got it right before I left for vacation, so I haven't been able to try it yet.  I did get back recently though so I definitely plan to try it soon.  I'll share some pics and my thoughts once I finally try it out.  

The place I got it from, lists the following instructions:

"Use 2 grams of leaf per 100ml of water at 91-93c.  Again, brew for no longer than 30 seconds at first, gradually adding 15-20 seconds per re-steep."

I'm curious to your thoughts on this and if you would suggest anything different.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spacepup said:

Well, I got it right before I left for vacation, so I haven't been able to try it yet.  I did get back recently though so I definitely plan to try it soon.  I'll share some pics and my thoughts once I finally try it out.  

The place I got it from, lists the following instructions:

"Use 2 grams of leaf per 100ml of water at 91-93c.  Again, brew for no longer than 30 seconds at first, gradually adding 15-20 seconds per re-steep."

I'm curious to your thoughts on this and if you would suggest anything different.  

Yes, I just ran it past my friend who owns a tea shop, he says that these instructions are solid.

• Thanks 1

Made some ruby red tonight followed by a rolled oolong from tea master Wang. I definitely preferred the ruby red, the oolong was a bit more astringent, but it pulled together nicely as time progressed.

You can see the comparison in color between the ruby red and the oolong, which is much lighter.

IMG20230808180025.jpg

IMG20230808180033.jpg

IMG20230808174258.jpg

IMG20230808184446.jpg

• Like 1

The best part though is if you make extra...the iced tea the next day is heavenly 

Edit: pro tip - use a two person pot, that way you brew more per infusion than you'll want to drink, then chill the rest rather than slopping it over your tea pet.

IMG20230809083031.jpg

Edited by fcgamer

Last night tried a different Jin Xuan tea, this one a colleague gave me for a present several months back.

This is definitely a much better representation of the style than Mr Lin's Dust Shop Tea. Has that classic smooth and buttery taste, not very bitter, compared to Lin's which had flipped back and forth quite a few times.

IMG20230814171427.jpg

IMG20230814172802.jpg

IMG20230814173532.jpg

IMG20230814172910.jpg

• Like 2