IGNORED

Tea

fcgamer

Administrator · Posted

I've seen other teas described as having a buttery type flavor, it's not that abnormal tbh.  Doesn't mean everyone would want or like that, but it is definitely a thing out there.  There are even international teas out there with actual butter in them, but this is more a flavor profile.

At least it's better than a wine I've seen with notes of 'pencil shavings'

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted

@fcgamer I finally tried the Ruby 18 tea and it is quite good!  

I didn't so much get the menthol flavor like you described, but it was a very good tea and even a very short steeping produced a pretty decent flavor.  My first cup was without any sweetener, and that was decently good as is.  My second steeping, I put just a little bit of natural sweetener, and it had a very rich flavor, almost caramel notes (and I didn't use much sweetener, I never do).

I won't say it's my favorite tea, but it is definitely very good.  Appreciate the suggestion!

IMG_3801.jpg?width=454&height=605

IMG_3803.jpg?width=454&height=605

IMG_3805.jpg?width=454&height=605

I might try a third cup with a slightly longer first steeping, and see if I like it.  I tend to like my tea pretty strong, as long as not overdone/bitter.  Gotta find that perfect balance!

• Love 1

Administrator · Posted

I'm super loving a few beverages I hadn't tried until this year - Sobacha (Japanese Buckwheat Tea) and Mugicha (Japanese Barley Tea).  There are korean, chinese, and other variants of these that have slightly different tastes also.  

Soba-cha:

IMG_3072.jpg?width=454&height=605

Mugicha:

IMG_3797.jpg?width=454&height=605

The Ito En Mugicha Barley Tea is SUPER cheap, and quite tasty.  I'll continue to explore other brands/sources though!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sunday went over to the area around Sun Moon Lake. Had the opportunity to taste some Assam tea as well as some Ruby Red #18. 

You can see some ruby tea fields here, for example, and the Santa bags all have ruby red inside. Afterwards headed back to the city for hot pot. It was a fun day.

IMG20240204124801.jpg

IMG20240204134132.jpg

IMG20240204133943.jpg