IGNORED

List of All North American Zelda Game Variants

0xDEAFC0DE

1 hour ago, zoiks66 said:

Does the manual say “cassette” or “game pak” on page 11.  “Cassette” would be a first print manual.

Yeah, I was debating whether or not I should post about this and possibly ruin it for them in case they have the "game pak" manual. 

Also to be clear, if you do have the "game pak" manual, all your stuff does match up. It just means you have the second of two manuals that came with the "first print" box and cart

2 hours ago, zoiks66 said:

Does the manual say “cassette” or “game pak” on page 11.  “Cassette” would be a first print manual.

I won't find out until I receive it, at that price I wasn't willing to wait around and find out. I will let you know once it arrives. WATA accept both cassette and game pak as 1st prints as I believe their grading for first prints comes from the NES TM.

Yeah, thus why I believe Wata’s grading of complete in box games is pure trash.  They consider games to be “complete” without any inserts or maps (anything beyond a box, cart, and manual).  If your copy has a “game pak” manual, it isn’t a first print, no matter what Wata says.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, zoiks66 said:

Yeah, thus why I believe Wata’s grading of complete in box games is pure trash.  They consider games to be “complete” without any inserts or maps (anything beyond a box, cart, and manual).  If your copy has a “game pak” manual, it isn’t a first print, no matter what Wata says.

I agree completely, I actually mentioned this to a seller on ebay and he told me to get in contact with them to find out why this is.

Edited by Zim2189

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the great information.  I saw a story this morning about a factory sealed Legend of Zelda that was going for a huge amount of money which made me think of my collection from the 80's.  I still have the NES and play it every now and then with the kids but a couple of years ago I sold most of the collection to a retro game store in Oshkosh, WI.  I probably lost out some money by doing so, especially for a Super Mario box and 5 screw cart that was in great condition (early 1987 according to this guide: https://www.watagames.com/learn/blog/post/nes-black-box-variant-guide/), but went to what I think was a good 'home'.

But one of the games I kept was my Legend of Zelda (along with a few others and some SNES ones).  Looking at your great research, seems like I have Box 1, Cart 1, and Manual 2.  It is CIB but the manual and map (which some grade schooler marked up, pfft) are not in great condition.  I wonder if they are worth anything...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pike13 said:

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the great information.  I saw a story this morning about a factory sealed Legend of Zelda that was going for a huge amount of money which made me think of my collection from the 80's.  I still have the NES and play it every now and then with the kids but a couple of years ago I sold most of the collection to a retro game store in Oshkosh, WI.  I probably lost out some money by doing so, especially for a Super Mario box and 5 screw cart that was in great condition (early 1987 according to this guide: https://www.watagames.com/learn/blog/post/nes-black-box-variant-guide/), but went to what I think was a good 'home'.

But one of the games I kept was my Legend of Zelda (along with a few others and some SNES ones).  Looking at your great research, seems like I have Box 1, Cart 1, and Manual 2.  It is CIB but the manual and map (which some grade schooler marked up, pfft) are not in great condition.  I wonder if they are worth anything...

I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you want to sell it 🙂

For those of you who were asking, here are a couple of photos.  I took these when I was selling off my collection.

The entire collection (most of which is gone): 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hpvqhd89yok2dl9/AAACOSJ_GxZ0bc9tLCRbBLVna?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0brblyipluteovo/AAAo1BfuUjAvse8DQi3tfsnia?dl=0

If anyone cares, I can do higher res ones.  Just thought I would share and wallow in nostalgia for a little bit...

DSC_2476.JPG.c26c9160590797479b156272e7c60899.JPGDSC_2475.JPG.b3b571b0e893fcfe1d13b90a6dbd0b9f.JPGDSC_2474.JPG.454d6dc6caefa6e886a98be23cb80373.JPGDSC_2473.JPG.a624e42a563a03c604b0d1099f581edd.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, Mr. CIB said:

@0xDEAFC0DE quick question. I think there is a missing N64 Ocarina of Time Players Choice variant or I could be wrong. There are two players choice. One with Game of The Year and one without but I only see one listed. 

s-l1600.jpg

I would consider this to be more of a seal variant, once you remove the wrap it's all the same. or the wrap could have come from another game too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Zim2189 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am selling my American NTSC copy of The Legned of Zelda for NES if anyone is interested..

1st print box/cart, 2nd print manual as it has game pak.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks

I would add a picture to the for sale thread with a price, not post it here. If you had a first print manual and it was minty I would try and snag the manual from you.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Idk if anyone has posted these yet but i have a handful of variants that aren't listed in the OP, didn't see them in followups so here ya go. they're organized by part code. I have them listed out on my website as well (see sig) for easy copy-pasta.

2023-05-10 14_13_45-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_02-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_06-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_13-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_20-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_37-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_46-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_15_03-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_15_17-ein paar Spiele _ Datenbank — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_15_37-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, inasuma said:

Idk if anyone has posted these yet but i have a handful of variants that aren't listed in the OP, didn't see them in followups so here ya go. they're organized by part code. I have them listed out on my website as well (see sig) for easy copy-pasta.

2023-05-10 14_13_45-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_02-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_06-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_13-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_20-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_37-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_14_46-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_15_03-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_15_17-ein paar Spiele _ Datenbank — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-05-10 14_15_37-a few games _ database — Mozilla Firefox.png

The list is missing the "81562C" variant when it comes to the Canadian print variant of A Link Between Worlds.

It's a print variant that I bought on eBay through a Canadian seller. But I ended up selling it because the copy of Tri Force Heroes I also bought from the same seller was in rough-ish shape.

• Love 1

• 8 months later...
Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Hiccup said:

What's "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [NFR, E3 Demo]" referring to? E3 demos are usually dev carts, not mass produced.

NFR = Not For Resale, and they're very typically exactly the type of cart you'd see at an E3 demo.

• Agree 1