IGNORED

Game Debate #134: Paper Mario

Reed Rothchild

R0  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

38 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Origami King is the best entry in the series

That seems to be far from the general consensus. However, if that were true, then I wouldn't even bother playing any other games in the series because Origami King was terrible. In fact, I would argue the battle system is even worse than Sticker Star. The rest of the presentation saved it from being a total disaster.

Thankfully, it seems like a lot of people consider the original and TTYD to be classics, so I'll probably check those out at some point.

I liked TTYD and Super. I expect I'd like the original even though there's less content, just like I can enjoy SMB1 even though 3 exists. SPM had way too much dialog; the older game surely has less. I want Origami King but given reviews I'd rather not drop the full $60 on it. 

Never played it but I'm interested!

I didn't have an N64 and didn't really know anyone who did, so I was not aware of this game and this entire series until I started seeing reviews for Super Paper Mario on the Wii.  I'm intrigued, but I haven't taken the plunge yet.  I think I even own "Super," so I'll at least give that one a shot someday.

I'll give this one an 8 of 10.  I feel like what I'm about to say should not be true, but for some reason it is-- I enjoyed this game more than Super Mario RPG.

I didn't play this game until it came out on the Wii VC.  I have no clue why, but this was the first game I finished in a long time, that was completely story-driven.  I've played, maybe, 50% of SMRPG and though I enjoyed it when I picked it up, it didn't engage me and pull me in like Paper Mario.

I don't consider it to be the greatest RPG of all time, and probably isn't even a Top 10 for me, but it was loads of fun and I could see myself jumping into it some day and giving it a replay.

• Like 1