IGNORED

New Largest Game collection (24,000 in texas)

19 hours ago, RH said:

It has to be "finished" and there are some rules to what that means.  In our case, we have a bedroom and full bathroom in the basement because it was once a  semi-apartment (my wife's uncle lived down here when this house was owned by her grandparents.)

Anyway, the basement has a part where the ceiling isn't finished.  It's a big open room where the washer and dryer is and because of that, we can't count the square footage, but the area is quite livable.  I work down here and the wife and kids also do homeschool work in the big room.  My office is the aforementioned bedroom, and is also my game room.

It's a shame.  We've made it a nice livable space down here and it's probably a total of 1,000 sq/ft, but it can't count towards the house total unless we get some ceiling work done.

Probably better that it’s not counted unless your planning to sell it. The lower square footage probably keeps your property taxes from getting appraised higher

27 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Probably better that it’s not counted unless your planning to sell it. The lower square footage probably keeps your property taxes from getting appraised higher

Oh, I agree with this 100%.

I'd prefer the lowest valued home for tax reasons until we sell, which will probably be no less than 10 years from now.  Probably more like 20 to even 30.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:58 PM, RH said:

@fcgamer, what's you're estimated count?  I always felt you might be able to trump numbers like this with your serious bootleg collecting.

I just checked my lists last night, though they aren't 100% accurate. I feel really flattered btw, but I'm just small potatoes, topping in at around 7000-8000 games.

When you start reaching these kinds of numbers though, the values do quickly add up due to sheer volume. I mean, have 200 games at $100, you're already up to 20K. I've got a ton of $100+ games, then again there's also the dozens of Japanese pro yakyuu games going for a buck each.

$2 million might be a bit high of an estimate for his set, even 1.5 seems high if it's mostly disk stuff, just never seems to be the same value there.

• Like 1