IGNORED

R.O.B. v2.0

G-type

ROB is an abbreviation for "Robotic Operating Buddy". His purpose is to play the games along side you.

ROB 2.0 needs to be an AI driven gamer who can ACTUALLY play the games with you. He should also speak and tell you to that there's a sniper ahead, or a secret cave around the corner, a side quest coming up....but of course he can make mistakes and send you to your doom too.

ROB 2.0 needs to be a real, Robotic Operating Buddy.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, G-type said:

I've noticed Nintendo likes to revisit and iterate on their past concepts and try again with an updated approach.

Game & Watch -> DS

WiiU -> Switch

So how about an updated take on R.O.B.? what games and features would it need to make a new version a hit?

I think the parallel would be the cardboard LABO stuff. Or maybe the Mariokart Switch racecars

• Like 1

Back in the late 80s, the idea of a robotic operating body that could play video games with you was so space-age and crazy. Kids nowadays only care if it plays tick-tock or whatever. For it to be a viable option in today’s market, it better do something supremely impressive or else is not going to sell. Period.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Back in the late 80s, the idea of a robotic operating body that could play video games with you was so space-age and crazy. Kids nowadays only care if it plays tick-tock or whatever. For it to be a viable option in today’s market, it better do something supremely impressive or else is not going to sell. Period.

I adore how you spelled Tik-Tok incorrectly. You're a smart man for not knowing. 🙂

Edited by PekoponTAS
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PekoponTAS said:

I adore how you spelled Tik-Tok incorrectly. You're a smart man for not knowing. 🙂

Tik-tock? Tik-tok? Speaking of, my boss was gifted an Optimus prime that was found on “Tik-tok” that transforms , by itself on voice command. Its super cool and I wanted one even though Im not a Transformer collector. 

If ROB 2.0 doesnt do something cooler than that, its a non-starter 

Pretty sure the current term is "Sex Robots."  Although you could sugar coat it and call it a "Love Doll."  Probably one of the very worst things the human race is dedicating itself to at this point, but you know, that is the way things tend to go.  Why work on putting an end to cancer when you can create the Blow-Bot? ...

(sorry @G-type I wish I had something better to add to the thread...)

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

peaking of, my boss was gifted an Optimus prime that was found on “Tik-tok” that transforms , by itself on voice command. Its super cool and I wanted one even though Im not a Transformer collector.

If it wasn't his spouse, I want to know by who?!  Those things retail for $700, so if that was some sort of "Boss's Day" gift or something, I want to start working where you're working, lol!

21 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

If it wasn't his spouse, I want to know by who?!  Those things retail for $700, so if that was some sort of "Boss's Day" gift or something, I want to start working where you're working, lol!

I should clarify-

By boss, I meant the owner of my company. Its basically Rich guy stuff, and since we work in the private sector expensive gifts to curry favor are thrown around often, especially around holidays. From vendors, clients, etc. Its a vibe in Silicon valley

I figured that thing was expensive, it even had a nice case!

2 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I should clarify-

By boss, I meant the owner of my company. Its basically Rich guy stuff, and since we work in the private sector expensive gifts to curry favor are thrown around often, especially around holidays. From vendors, clients, etc. Its a vibe in Silicon valley

I figured that thing was expensive, it even had a nice case!

In public companies like mine this type of behavior is villified. But deep down everyone knows they are envious of the expensive gifts that get thrown around by private companies 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

He said ROB not rub.

I can't decide which is more apropo...

R.obotic U.surping B.ooty

R.obotic U.nbreedable B.ooty

37 minutes ago, fox said:

These dang toaster heads be stealin’ our games, jobs, and women.  Death to robots!

I hear their hearts pump oil.

(no offense, of course, to robots programmed for good like our good friend Mr. @JamesRobot)

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

If I were to give a serious answer though, the most likely way of R.O.B coming back would be as the mascot of some other accessory. If Nintendo ever makes a modern virtual reality accessory, they might have R.O.B be the mascot for it due to R.O.B fitting the idea of receiving input through a visor.

Edited by PekoponTAS

Graphics Team · Posted
On 12/9/2022 at 8:43 AM, ThePhleo said:

ROB is an abbreviation for "Robotic Operating Buddy". His purpose is to play the games along side you.

ROB 2.0 needs to be an AI driven gamer who can ACTUALLY play the games with you. He should also speak and tell you to that there's a sniper ahead, or a secret cave around the corner, a side quest coming up....but of course he can make mistakes and send you to your doom too.

ROB 2.0 needs to be a real, Robotic Operating Buddy.

image.jpeg.ffa379e1d4c83c8dcb05995a89622a15.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Eyeroll 1

Off topic but my first Tik-Tok I ever posted was a few weeks ago because people kept telling me I'll get way better engagement than Instagram. After repeating that I don't give a shit about engagement and I do it for fun, I did get curious. I posted a reel of a Donkey Kong coin bank from 1982. As of today it has over 320,000 views. lol

• Wow! 1