32 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Led Zeppelin - "Kashmir"
    • Pink Floyd - "Comfortably Numb"
  2. 2. Choose one

• Blue Oyster Cult - "(Don't Fear) The Reaper"
    • The Rolling Stones - "Paint It Black"

1 2

Kashmir/Numb is a contest between two very overplayed songs. I like Kashmir a tad better.

Black over Reaper. Might have gone Reaper if douchbags hadn't driven the cowbell joke into the ground. Even the band is sick of that joke.

Hot take: I'm just glad Hotel California is out of the running. 😛

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

It never fails--I see/hear the word Kashmir and I still think of that Seinfeld episode where George was dating a cleaning lady.

It's  been well over 20 years since I saw that episode, but all I remember is her recalling begging to have a man give her his cashmere sweater.

• Like 1

1, 2.

Kashmir is better overall background music than Comfortably Numb.

As for the second set, for me, anyway, solid Viet Nam conflict era rock is going to knock down virtually any 70s rock every time for me, so this was no contest.  It didn't help that I saw the TV adaptation of The Stand as a kid and permanently had Don't Fear the Reaper associated with disturbing looking panoramas of deserted/abandoned/decaying places that realistically should be active and thriving with life.

3 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Better overall background music. To what, a funeral? The song never ends.

To listening at while it plays in the background as, you know, background music.  I'm not a huge fan of either one, but the non-lyrical bits of Kashmir have been imitated, borrowed, etc., infinitely more than anything from Comfortably numb, so I'd say that music artists agree about which is ultimately the better song.

3 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

To listening at while it plays in the background as, you know, background music.  I'm not a huge fan of either one, but the non-lyrical bits of Kashmir have been imitated, borrowed, etc., infinitely more than anything from Comfortably numb, so I'd say that music artists agree about which is ultimately the better song.

It's because no one has the balls to dare make their own version of Comfortably Numb, while people are positive they can make a better version of Kashmir because the original sucks.

• Haha 1