IGNORED

Price check - Punch-Out!! (5 screws, European version)

Kekerino

Events Helper · Posted
22 minutes ago, Kekerino said:

Hello everyone,

I just got myself a copy of the "Punch-Out!!" game with 5 screws on the back (European version) and now I'm trying to figure out the value of it.

Does anyone in here have any clue of what it might be worth?

Thanks in advance!

NM, just noticed you said european version

1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

@Kekerino sorry, i don't know about european games, i misread the question 😉  

Thanks for your reply!

No worries, that's exactly why I am asking for advice here since I can only find non-European versions with 5 screws. I wonder if there could really be a big price difference only because of the different region though.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Kekerino said:

Thanks for your reply!

No worries, that's exactly why I am asking for advice here since I can only find non-European versions with 5 screws. I wonder if there could really be a big price difference only because of the different region though.

ya, in the market usually ntsc tends to be the bigger ticket so to speak.  Good luck and i hope you find out what you need

1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

ya, in the market usually ntsc tends to be the bigger ticket so to speak.  Good luck and i hope you find out what you need

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Thanks again! I'm hoping that someone in here will know the answer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

How do you know it's European?

It has the "European Version" text in the bottom left corner. (Btw, I'm a big fan of your Unity videos, cheers! ☕)

6 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Pics or it didn't happen!

Haha, is it that rare? 🤯

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Kekerino said:

It has the "European Version" text in the bottom left corner. (Btw, I'm a big fan of your Unity videos, cheers! ☕)

Haha, is it that rare? 🤯

pics would help btw, but ya, welcome to vgs 😆  Hopefully they can help you out.  Do you have pics you can share?  and is it complete or just cart, things like that will help determine a price point etc.  Also, i dont know that he knows anything about european versions, but @the_wizard_666 is fairly knowledgeable with NTSC stuff.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

pics would help btw, but ya, welcome to vgs 😆  Hopefully they can help you out.  Do you have pics you can share?  and is it complete or just cart, things like that will help determine a price point etc.  Also, i dont know that he knows anything about european versions, but @the_wizard_666 is fairly knowledgeable with NTSC stuff.

Sure thing, I will post a picture when it arrives.

It is only the cartridge itself and it doesn't have any seals. Thanks for your warm welcome and for helping me out, I really appreciate it!

Edited by Kekerino
  • Like 1

I know a 5 screw Punch Out would be pretty rare.  Not as rare as the converter Punch Out, but pretty rare nonetheless.  I have no clue about the European Version games except that they're PAL.  That said, I'm not a variant guy, so @Jeevan may have recommended the wrong dude 😛  @Braveheart69 would be the go-to guy for all things variants, but I have no idea if he's even really active around here anymore or not.  But there are a few European dudes around as well, so they may have more info.  Welcome to the site dude!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I know a 5 screw Punch Out would be pretty rare.  Not as rare as the converter Punch Out, but pretty rare nonetheless.  I have no clue about the European Version games except that they're PAL.  That said, I'm not a variant guy, so @Jeevan may have recommended the wrong dude 😛  @Braveheart69 would be the go-to guy for all things variants, but I have no idea if he's even really active around here anymore or not.  But there are a few European dudes around as well, so they may have more info.  Welcome to the site dude!

see, i pinged the right dude 😉  i don't know @Braveheart69 😆.  I HAVE however dealt with you and seen you talking about variants 🙂  Anyway, thanks for responding dude!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

9 hours ago, Jeevan said:

see, i pinged the right dude 😉  i don't know @Braveheart69 😆.  I HAVE however dealt with you and seen you talking about variants 🙂  Anyway, thanks for responding dude!  

Thanks for your warm welcome and I appreciate the reply!

I can't wait to investigate if it has a converter hidden inside as well. I hope that some of the European guys will find their way here! ☺️

Edited by Kekerino

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm sorry to do this to you but you're the second person that has confused me with them, I'm not the Unity guy.

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

But it makes much more sense now that I realise I stole his monkey logo without knowing it. I'll look into changing that, I don't want to confuse anyone.

Haha, no worries! I was surprised about the odds of the YouTuber actually hanging out here. 😄

7 hours ago, Kekerino said:

Did anyone ever see a European version of this cartridge with 5 screws out on the market? I still can't find any information about it what so ever. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad sign! 🥲🧐

I have never heard of a PAL 5-screw version of Punch Out. I know the NTSC version of 5-screw Punch Out is exceedingly rare, which would obviously make a PAL 5-screw even rarer, if your one is indeed legit!

I will wait until I can see it before making any judgements, very interested in seeing the pics when you get it!

• Wow! 1

14 hours ago, OptOut said:

I have never heard of a PAL 5-screw version of Punch Out. I know the NTSC version of 5-screw Punch Out is exceedingly rare, which would obviously make a PAL 5-screw even rarer, if your one is indeed legit!

I will wait until I can see it before making any judgements, very interested in seeing the pics when you get it!

That's really interesting to hear, thanks for your input! 😃

I will post pictures in this thread as soon as it has arrived, within a few days I hope.

Do you mind opening her up and getting some shots of the circuit board?

I'm sorry to say, I don't like the look of this. The label is printed totally off-centre, and with that peeling and everything... That is the USA version of the back label too, not the usual European one. I need to see the interior circuit board.

Compare the printing on the front label to that one below and you will see there is something really off about it.

Mike Tysons Punch-Out - Boxen [Nintendo NES] - Bienengräber - Pal B | Mike  tyson, Punch out, European football