IGNORED

How do/would you display your Game Boy games?

I don't, they're stored in an unsuspecting hiding place in plain sight easy to get at.  I found that it works better for me just because they're in a solid set of columns I setup in A-Z order with easy pull out access than having it all on some huge display that eats up far more space. Sure I can't look at the stickers, but with as many as I do (probably about 150 between GB+C+A) it would be a mess even if I decided to buy up lot of DS or tape cassette cases as some do.

antiquegbstorage.thumb.JPG.d4f0a84d6ff56dfdc16076cca211c1cb.JPG

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

I forgot the image when I posted that last time and added it, but, that's just 8bit.  What it's standing on you can't see any of that one, but there's a 2 shelf door covered cube there unlike the open bottom one.  I have a snap case I got with random square/rectangle spaces in it in there, and the GBA games are stood up in those spaces just like the drawers so not really worth showing.  The 2nd has some accessories and spare gameboys inside that one. 🙂

I LOVE GAME BOY! I made a conscious decision to dedicate a quarter of my game room to GB, GBC, and GBA. Eventually, my plan is to set up a wire grid wall with the retail pusher trays to face as many games as possible; the artwork is just so great!

LTXqN6UIT2u1FrcEI5hLfg.thumb.jpg.4ba3f46e1e76659fb561cfcc897c3bf2.jpg

If I was using the DS cases + artwork or the cassette style cases, I would still do this same type of display in order to celebrate the art and the library. Just as I've really enjoyed seeing what everyone else in the thread is doing with their GB collections, I can't wait to see what you end up doing with your Game Boy games, @Nintegageo!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'd love to display some stuff forward, but I live with a control freak of a wife who can't seem to respect personal space entirely, she thinks I have too much stuff, even after offloading well more than 1/2 of it (2/3?), it's still too much.  Most my gaming stuff that remains game wise sits in that drawer the cubes below, an entertainment rack with the systems, and then a Propac 5ft by 5ft 21 shelf media shelf and an as wide shelf above it.

She's on this Kondo trip of be a nomad, if you don't use it, lose it.  I'm fed up with it, problem is the twat who owned this house before me decided to remove the door with a lock for a 90s (early) style asinine open (double door wide) arch into the main room.  Unless you're in the kitchen you can't see much, even then I've put most to the front of the room so you need to enter to see it other than 2 tiny wall shelves with a few items and the Neo Geo.  Fucks me off having hoarder thrown around when we know the actual definition of that one.  Given my choice, had I door, with a lock(key) I'd keep everyone the fuck out and have a standing display like the one in the last post and I'd put some shelves back get the few console boxes I have out too (only NES/SNES are now since the consoles are in it and the closet isn't temp controlled well.)  Yup...rant, still clearly ticks me off.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

image.png.59f1feca66be244758f34698d7d41040.png

I had 3 of these showcases but I've since paired down to one. If I had to display carts, I think I would go the custom route to have them all label out. 

I have one of those - new those came with a paper insert with artwork of gameboys on it - including a game called Doomsayer which was never released.

• Like 1

Wow, some cool posts/ideas. Thanks guys!

I have perhaps 10-15 CIB games with the GB/GBC I think? Though I just keep them in a box with my other SNES/N64 boxes. I like to display the games as cartridges in  dust covers so as to show their awesome art.

The 'problem' is I currently use nail polish displays which are actually super deep and thus wasting space (this is in an apartment).

20220417_175744.thumb.jpg.f0e27f7d16e36b67bbfeff2aea4ed86c.jpg

20220417_175809.jpg

20220417_175845.jpg

5 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I have one of those - new those came with a paper insert with artwork of gameboys on it - including a game called Doomsayer which was never released.

I actually bid on a new one nearly 10 years ago and got out bid 😞 it ended up selling for around $200 and I still regret not bidding higher. 

9 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I actually bid on a new one nearly 10 years ago and got out bid 😞 it ended up selling for around $200 and I still regret not bidding higher. 

I got mine a long long time ago at an electronics clearance show.  Think I paid like $10 for it.  One thing that they also came with (which mine didn't have) was an index card that fit in the manual compartment - not really sure what use that was since you can see everything in the case,