IGNORED

So.. a friend found some INSANE sealed titles

Fryer64

17 hours ago, GPX said:

I just want to say it doesn’t matter what the messages were about, it’s just not cool to harass people in private.

I’d bet most of us, if not all, want to come here to de-stress, not coming on to receive stressful private messages. 

I agree and am not sure who here has implied that those hate-messaging are in the right. 

Personally, the only reason I even commented about the content of the messages/the type of people who sent them is because others in this thread used it as an opportunity to bash people who collect/invest in sealed/graded games without any proof from OP.

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

I agree and am not sure who here has implied that those hate-messaging are in the right. 

Personally, the only reason I even commented about the content of the messages/the type of people who sent them is because others in this thread used it as an opportunity to bash people who collect/invest in sealed/graded games without any proof from OP.

I like to think there’s good and bad in all fields of collecting. So my take is that there will likely be bashers that we encounter periodically. Learning to deal with these knockers are part of the tough lessons in our collecting journey. 

Regarding the pm’s, no one will really know what the messages were about and who these types are. It’s a mere guess at best. So to me, trying to decipher messages where I can’t even see becomes an unfruitful exercise. This is by no means I’m trying to invalidate your point. Just that your point can’t be proven right or wrong from what I can tell.

And the bad ones wrap around to probably most interests.

The wife is into those diamond art club series spreads where you get this smaller to rather sizable sheets that you adhere dozens, maybe even a 100 different colored very tiny gems to them much like pixel art.  The diamond company allows a few makers to license or sublicense out art and all that, and of course you have the unlicensed stuff too (sounds like games too eh...)  Anyway often stuff stops being sold, artist had enough, miscommunication, maybe a few limited runs(not common) and when they normally sell for like $50-80 for a kit in the 1.5ft x2ft to 2.5ft to 4ft sizes it's fair.  Once one goes out and they hit the second hand market, they'll shoot up like 3-4x the price or worse even 10x depending.  Same scum, another interest.  The racket doesn't change, just the victim pool.

22 hours ago, GPX said:
On 2/23/2022 at 9:50 AM, Silent Hill said:

I like to think there’s good and bad in all fields of collecting. So my take is that there will likely be bashers that we encounter periodically. Learning to deal with these knockers are part of the tough lessons in our collecting journey. 

Yeah, I dealt with the "bashers" by asking how they were so certain and then quoting OP to infer that those sending hate messages weren't collectors/investors of sealed/graded games. 

22 hours ago, GPX said:

Regarding the pm’s, no one will really know what the messages were about and who these types are. It’s a mere guess at best. So to me, trying to decipher messages where I can’t even see becomes an unfruitful exercise. This is by no means I’m trying to invalidate your point. Just that your point can’t be proven right or wrong from what I can tell.

OP:

"The majority has stopped, just deleting really misguided messages of people who have walls of text of the various issues  is a bit satisfying. I think explaining i wasn't profiting, had no influence, or no ill-intentions may have taken the heat off."

So it seems more likely that the messages OP received were from people who accused him of flipping sealed games for top dollar (most likely by grading and selling online, like on HA), and/or purposefully "influencing" the "market". Doesn't sound like things sealed/graded collectors/investors would rip OP about. 

My whole point was that certain people like to make assumptions just for an opportunity to bash others without any evidence. I just like to highlight that behavior from time to time.