IGNORED

Dinosaur Planet on N64 has finally been leaked!

21 years ago this June at the Nintendo booth at E3 this blew me away being able to experience this game.  This lost treasure saddened me when it was nuked and turned into Star Fox Adventures.  And while I did like the Gamecube game a lot, despite people trolling it for not being 'star fox'  it was fine, but it was a shadow of what this game was.

You can find it on the archive org site pretty easy I'm told.  Whoever 'Forest of Illusion' is who somehow got this stolen copy of the game and got it online, quite eternally grateful to be able to experience this again once more, and this time without all the bs floor traffic and distractions, but on my own system (have everdrive) when I can get it over on the card.

I'm kind of tempted NOT to at this rate, been reading and there's a team working on fixing the bugs and other glitches/visual bits that need help to make it like a complete solid non buggy game.  It may be worth just riding it out a bit longer.

Like MegaMan there said, if this makes it, once repaired, onto a cart I'm buying it.  I've been thinking of getting another long ago anyway we were supposed to have (Wonder Project J2) but just haven't bit yet so this is even more motivation.  I know I have a kit, but sometimes you just have these rare treasures it's better to have a physical means with than some dumpy kit.  I just had my first memory card fail on my everdrive GB, rather use real hardware in a case like this.

• Like 1

I'm wanting to try it, but I'm afraid I'll get too into it and I have priorities...that and the fear of the notes I saw taken that it may not actually be able to be completed due to bugs late game or on the actual final boss itself.

They are working on patching, so I'm kind of holding off in case it tampers with some data values and perhaps a save won't work once repaired.  Anyone else concerned about the issue of possible progression stopping bugs here?

13 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

Is it still available to buy physically and was it a full game?

Don't know if you're talking about 40 Winks or Diddy Kong Pilot, but I've seen both on eBay. I don't have either one yet, but I believe both games were nearly complete before being canceled. There was even a partial walkthrough of 40 Winks in Nintendo Power. So the cartridges on eBay should contain basically full versions.

Edit: for those who care...

40winksnp.jpg.69be63ad0da7558eff999a9a3b8d7d80.jpg

40winksnpmagazine.jpg.ffbb78113f55c0b52b86340315026aa6.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52

11 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

Is it still available to buy physically and was it a full game?

Piko Interactive bought the rights to 40 Winks and finally after all these years published the complete game on N64 carts to buy, might still be, never had an interest so I have no idea at this point.  I think he also had it shoved onto Steam as well.

Guests · Posted
23 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm wanting to try it, but I'm afraid I'll get too into it and I have priorities...that and the fear of the notes I saw taken that it may not actually be able to be completed due to bugs late game or on the actual final boss itself.

They are working on patching, so I'm kind of holding off in case it tampers with some data values and perhaps a save won't work once repaired.  Anyone else concerned about the issue of possible progression stopping bugs here?

Tried it out the other day and it seems like a really fun time. Looks great. 

I'm also a bit concerned about potential game breaking bugs and will probably wait for a patched version before getting deeper into it. With that said, I know myself, and will most likely not finish it either way 😅

8 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

Don't know if you're talking about 40 Winks or Diddy Kong Pilot, but I've seen both on eBay. I don't have either one yet, but I believe both games were nearly complete before being canceled. There was even a partial walkthrough of 40 Winks in Nintendo Power. So the cartridges on eBay should contain basically full versions.

I meant Diddy Kong, I have 40 winks but never heard of the other, I know of Banjo Pilot of course.

14 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

I meant Diddy Kong, I have 40 winks but never heard of the other, I know of Banjo Pilot of course.

I see. The 2003 build has a few glitches, but is basically complete otherwise. As I said earlier, reproduction cartridges are on eBay.

Edited by MegaMan52

Dinosaur Planet is not going to get an official release. This is a ROM leak, in bad beta state, of a hybrid DP-SFA form (it has Fox already), meaning this state involves Nintendo rights. DP could only be released if someone got the sources for the early DP form where all rights are Rare's (Microsoft's, who would probably sell them). -- do not buy repros.