IGNORED

New Arcade1UP arcade cabinets for your collection

So CES 2021 is going on and they showed off some new 'Legacy' cabs ... @Teh_Lurv linked them to me earlier
He pointed out that it looks like they're doing more varied cabinet designs now with the new releases...
The Legacy models will have closer to like ~ 10 games installed vs the usual 3-5

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Also, they linked some awesome fighting games

spacer.pngspacer.png

More here:
https://arcade1up.com/collections/cabinets

Edited by Pendragonx
moooar pics
  • Like 4

Man I love 1up arcade cabinets.

They really do fill a great niche.

Simpsons, X-Men, NBA Jam, Killer Instinct, Metal Slug, Cruis'n USA, and The Grid would complete my childhood arcade memories while I helped my grandmother run her shop at the flea market 🙂

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

Yeah, I have zero room in my Game Room for any of these right now.. i'd have to sell off some stuff first (which i'm generally bad at doing)

If I only had room for one, and I had to choose, I'd really love to get the Street Fighter Legacy cab .. I think the full list of games for that is:

Street Fighter™, Street Fighter II: World Warrior™, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition™, Street Fighter II: Turbo™, Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers™, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo™, Darkstalkers™, Strider™, Commando™, Final Fight™, Ghost n Goblins™, and 1944™

Edited by Pendragonx

That X-Men one looks pretty cool. Of course I'd love for the 6-player version but understandably that would no doubt be prohibitively expensive for them to produce. The Pong one is also interesting, hadn't seen they were making that, but I laughed when I saw the price Best Buy wants for it ($550 🤣).

Anyone know when the X-Men one is supposed to come out?

Graphics Team · Posted

Wow - the Pac-Man Legacy cab might just be the release that suckers me into getting an Arcade 1Up machine.

I told myself I wouldn't get one unless they put Pac-Man and Dig Dug in the same cabinet with good-looking side art. This one checks all the boxes AND has Mappy. If only it had Bosconian it would be the perfect Namco cab for me. I almost don't want to know how much they'll charge for these since they've got extra games and illuminated marquees. 

-CasualCart

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’ve got the TMNT cab and that’ll be all for me. As others have said the space they take up is too much for me unless I get approval from the zoning committee to expand. My wife is currently the only member of the committee lol

If I can figure out a way to fit a third cabinet, that is definitely that one I will go for.  I'm glad I have the two that I have, but I bought them thinking that there would be no chance of them ever releasing TMNT.   I was pretty shocked when they announced it.  

38 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

If I can figure out a way to fit a third cabinet, that is definitely that one I will go for.  I'm glad I have the two that I have, but I bought them thinking that there would be no chance of them ever releasing TMNT.   I was pretty shocked when they announced it.  

Same here. I wasn’t going to buy another after I had the original SFII and the screen came damaged. Packed that junk up all put together and dropped it right back at GameStop for a refund. Arcade1Up was telling me something like 2 months for a replacement. Noppppeeeee

Events Team · Posted
On 1/12/2021 at 7:47 AM, DoctorEncore said:

I can't justify the space investment of arcade cabinets, even these 3/4 size ones, but I love seeing other people's setups. I'm also digging the Tempest and Pac-Man artwork. I especially like how the Tempest art continues down on to the riser.

I'm a big fan of Tempest and picked up the Asteroids cab (including Tempest) for $90 when Walmart was closing out the first series of these a couple years ago.  There's just no reasonably priced solution for spinner arcade games at home so I was pretty happy to find it deeply discounted.  Would love to have the original style Tempest cabinet and art but no way am I upgrading for $400.  Asteroids art is pretty rad anyway.

70X3uZK.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

24 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

I'm a big fan of Tempest and picked up the Asteroids cab (including Tempest) for $90 when Walmart was closing out the first series of these a couple years ago.  There's just no reasonably priced solution for spinner arcade games at home so I was pretty happy to find it deeply discounted.  Would love to have the original style Tempest cabinet and art but no way am I upgrading for $400.  Asteroids art is pretty rad anyway.

When I bought my Centipede cabinet for $80 at Wal-Mart, they had an Asteroids cabinet right next to it for $80 as well.  I was really tempted for that price, but I was having enough trouble justifying the space for number 2.  I've never been a fan of Asteroids, but I would have enjoyed playing Tempest.  Looking back, I wish I had grabbed both, even if one had to sit in a box until I could make room.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

70X3uZK.jpg

That Asteroids cabinet looks fantastic. It pairs perfectly with the brick wall in the background. Nice setup!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I’ve got the TMNT cab and that’ll be all for me. As others have said the space they take up is too much for me unless I get approval from the zoning committee to expand. My wife is currently the only member of the committee lol

That sure is funny, but assuming you're paying half the mortgage, why do you only get two square feet of the entire house?

As for these 1Up cabs, I think it's awesome that they are being manufactured to look as close to the originals as possible, and it's great that they are drumming up a ton of interest and selling like hotcakes, but the originals are about ten billion percent better (to me) in every conceivable way...

Events Team · Posted
29 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Looking back, I wish I had grabbed both, even if one had to sit in a box until I could make room.  

Yeah wish I would have grabbed another one to mod.  I was seriously thinking about a Raspberry Pi MAME mod for a while but I'm not sure how to make it work and still retain the spinner.  I had all of the gear in my Amazon cart at one point.  But the button layout would be a little tight and I don't want to be crowded playing Tempest.

19 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Yeah wish I would have grabbed another one to mod.  I was seriously thinking about a Raspberry Pi MAME mod for a while but I'm not sure how to make it work and still retain the spinner.  I had all of the gear in my Amazon cart at one point.  But the button layout would be a little tight and I don't want to be crowded playing Tempest.

There are several Facebook groups dedicated to moding these cabinets.  It's crazy to me how popular these mods are and the vast majority replace just about EVERYTHING.  Seriously, most of them replace the screen, the controls, the internals, and even all of the graphics.  They basically buy the cabinets for the precut and ready to assemble particle board.  

With that said, the reason I bring it up is because some of these guys expand on the control deck to make them larger (sort of like the 4 player Arcade 1Up cabinets), so if you ever decided to go that route, you would have options.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

That sure is funny, but assuming you're paying half the mortgage, why do you only get two square feet of the entire house?

As for these 1Up cabs, I think it's awesome that they are being manufactured to look as close to the originals as possible, and it's great that they are drumming up a ton of interest and selling like hotcakes, but the originals are about ten billion percent better (to me) in every conceivable way...

There are a lot of things that make the originals better but also make them worse. The original machine may be hard to find in decent condition or expensive. People may not know how to repair the original machine, and they are likely to need repair since we're talking mostly machines that have been out there being beat on by the public for 25, 30, 35 years. The originals are very heavy and hard to move due to the monitors (Arcade 1ups are very light and one person can move them). And the originals take up a lot more space, obviously, something that many people don't have a lot of.

So really they are two different options. I have a TMNT one and I like it, thinking about X-Men and/or Golden Axe. The originals would be nicer but much more of a pain to deal with, especially since I'd have no clue about what to do when something doesn't work on them.

• 3 weeks later...