IGNORED

Skinny’s gems wild finds.

docile tapeworm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

holy shit! somebody get out the broom and knock these cobwebs down boy! wooooooowhooooo! its dusty in here!...

ole skinny dont get much time hunting the wild anymore but i spy something with my little eye i just couldnt resist....did i pay to much? yes. was it too far away? yes. but the ole lady said she was down to ride so i went for it. the sad news is the gem is acting up. i got the pins/board clean but its got glitchy graphics. imo it is still a connection issue as it boots clean when doused with isopro but slowly the graphics get glitchier (as the isopro evaporates is my thinking) i dont know if a board swap is due or if i can repair a connection.

im swapping out some of the games from my pc with games from this lot as they are the sellers child hood copys. some of them even have his name on them. anytime a seller tells me they are his original copies i always keep as many as i can.

95F9FF7E-B77F-4288-B2D6-34FEF72DB65A.png

37C849A4-40F0-47B1-BE07-067093C042DC.png

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

the sad news is the gem is acting up. i got the pins/board clean but its got glitchy graphics. imo it is still a connection issue as it boots clean when doused with isopro but slowly the graphics get glitchier (as the isopro evaporates is my thinking) i dont know if a board swap is due or if i can repair a connection.

BF26B7BA-B97F-4BD0-B760-FF314E32CA96.jpeg

Yeah those pins are shot. The Isopropyl is helping form a connection when it's wet like you said and when it evaporates the connection is lost again. Same reason blowing into the cartridge seems to work (because the vapor in your breath makes the contacts wet [but don't do this because the salt in your saliva is very corrosive]). I don't know if this can be repaired, maybe someone has tried bridging these contacts. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 9:20 AM, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah those pins are shot. The Isopropyl is helping form a connection when it's wet like you said and when it evaporates the connection is lost again. Same reason blowing into the cartridge seems to work (because the vapor in your breath makes the contacts wet [but don't do this because the salt in your saliva is very corrosive]). I don't know if this can be repaired, maybe someone has tried bridging these contacts. 

the pins really arent that bad (compared to some i have that still work)  once i cleaned them up. i think one of the pins in the chip i have circled might be an issue. i dont mind a board swap if it comes to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bowser said:

I think a reflow on all the joints should fix it. It's a pretty simple job.

By the way, have you changed your username?

i did try the ole hairdryer hoping i could get in cheap but got turned down.

i dont have any solder equipment but....its time i get a nice iron i suppose.

yes i have changed my user name 🙂

• 7 months later...
Events Team · Posted
On 10/5/2020 at 3:10 PM, docile tapeworm said:

i did try the ole hairdryer hoping i could get in cheap but got turned down.

i dont have any solder equipment but....its time i get a nice iron i suppose.

yes i have changed my user name 🙂

You'll always be skinny to me. 

YOpORoA.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, drxandy said:

Nice hauls, that trapper keeper is siiiiiiiiiiiick!

hell ya! thanks man. that find was definitely closest to my heart. my 5 year old daughter reacted the same way when she saw it and pretty much laid claim to it lol. "look at the designs dad!" 😍

• Love 1