IGNORED

Best board, card, and dice games?

Makar

Just now, Makar said:

Lol, I've seen those pics of people bringing projectors outside and playing Mario kart 64 on the side of their house. I imagine something similar has been done with an NES and tv

I sound like a slacker version of MacGyver, but it's not too tough to hook a NES up outside with a portable TV.

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Nowadays you can just play NES games on a handheld, but it took some ingenuity back in the day! 😂

That's cheating. Old school. It'd be pretty funny if you showed up to a fast food place with a tv and NES and set that up at a table inside. 

5 minutes ago, Makar said:

That's cheating. Old school. It'd be pretty funny if you showed up to a fast food place with a tv and NES and set that up at a table inside. 

I've seen people bring their gaming laptops into McDonald's and set them up in a booth, so it wouldn't be too much different if you have a small enough TV.

11 minutes ago, Makar said:

How many people (especially young people) would even know what it is? 😞 

I love ticket to ride. My friends and I play it at most get togethers.  It really boils down to 2 or 3 other friends watching me and my best friend go at it. He focuses on a strategy and I usually see/sabotage his strategy on purpose with my moves and our over the top banter becomes the entertainment for everyone else playing.

42 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've seen people bring their gaming laptops into McDonald's and set them up in a booth, so it wouldn't be too much different if you have a small enough TV.

True. I wonder what they'd say if they saw you starting to set up a tv.

40 minutes ago, Estil said:

How many people (especially young people) would even know what it is? 😞 

You know that is an interesting question. What's the oldest console the current youngest gen knows about?

I'm a big fan of Fluxx. One of the best card games I have ever played. My particular flavor is Zombie Fluxx but they are all good. As weird as it sounds the Harry Potter version of Clue is an amazing board game. Because it takes place in Hogwarts, the map changes after everyone has had a turn. When it comes to dice games, there is only one logical choice. Dungeons and Dragons or any other dice rolling RPG. CRIT!

On 6/27/2020 at 10:34 AM, Daniel_Doyce said:

Dice / board: backgammon

Card / board: cribbage

Card: contract bridge

Other games are pale imitations

With you on backgammon (haven't played much cribbage), but contract bridge is my least favorite trick taking game. Give me good ol' whist or spades, or even hearts.