IGNORED

Please help, need system repaired

CPearson87

Please help, I am looking for someone that does soldering repairs, I sent out my neo geo aes to have a unibios installed and it came back non-functional as the person lifted a few pads off. Is there anyone else that offers a soldering service to do some jumpers from the chip to the trace? Thank you

Editorials Team · Posted

I've done that kind of thing, but I've never worked specifically with the neo geo aes. So I can reconnect tricky broken traces if you don't find anyone else, but I'd struggle to do any troubleshooting beyond that if it still doesn't work.

19 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

@Nes Freak does virtual boy repairs and I can vouch for his work, not sure about Neo Geo though. The soldering required for the virtual box fixes is S tier stuff though

I too can vouch for his work.

18 hours ago, Deadeye said:

@SNESNESCUBE64 do you do repairs like this?

Unfortunately I am not doing repairs for people at the momment. My plate is currently full.

• Like 2

took me 4 hours to figure out what the heck was broken on this crappy mod job.  the wire on the bios chip is temporary i will replace it with something much cleaner looking.  there were 3 broken traces and solder bridges everywhere!  cleaning up the mess took me about an hour and 1/2  after that i looked every thing over under my microscope and found a bad trace and fixed it.  the other two traces were under the bios chip  and i couldnt see it so i had to buzz the board to find those.  what a mess!  that guy that did this job doesn't need to do mod work, jeez!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

took me 4 hours to figure out what the heck was broken on this crappy mod job.  the wire on the bios chip is temporary i will replace it with something much cleaner looking.  there were 3 broken traces and solder bridges everywhere!  cleaning up the mess took me about an hour and 1/2  after that i looked every thing over under my microscope and found a bad trace and fixed it.  the other two traces were under the bios chip  and i couldnt see it so i had to buzz the board to find those.  what a mess!  that guy that did this job doesn't need to do mod work, jeez!

You didn’t happen to video the repair work did you? I’ve been watching a lot of electronics repair on YouTube for some reason lately

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

You didn’t happen to video the repair work did you? I’ve been watching a lot of electronics repair on YouTube for some reason lately

no but i do a have a before and after picture.  trust me you dont want to see me working on electronics.  im boring to watch XD

1 minute ago, Nes Freak said:

im glad i could fix it,  tbh i didnt think id ever get to see a neo geo in person.  i dont think i'll ever get over the size of the carts though.  there big enough to use as a sushi platter 😛

the 2 circuit boards inside the carts take up pretty much the entirety of the shell too

• 2 weeks later...