IGNORED

Reed's new game room(s)

Reed Rothchild

Editorials Team · Posted

Finalizing the first one and sizing things out.  I had to stop and admire how happy I am with how the Shadowfox cases came out.  Obviously these aren't for everyone, but I'm so much more content with them than I was with horrid UGCs and the unwieldy bitboxes

IMG_20200627_113624.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Finalizing the first one and sizing things out.  I had to stop and admire how happy I am with how the Shadowfox cases came out.  Obviously these aren't for everyone, but I'm so much more content with them than I was with horrid UGCs and the unwieldy bitboxes

IMG_20200627_113624.jpg

Do you have those for each game? They look great!

• Like 1

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

Just 100.  I'm gonna build the shelving to handle 100 more for the future, but it's a bit of a process to order them, create the artwork, and get it printed right.

That's why I was wondering since I imagine that it would be a lot of work and fairly expensive to get those for every game. 

Editorials Team · Posted

Shelves are in.  Just need to sand, stain, attach the foot to the one end (and screw into the molding on the other), and bracket it into the wall.

I had an extra few inches that I just couldn't seem to solve for.  So I dispersed them over three of the bottom rows to... I dunno, pile games if I'm desperate.

IMG_20200629_224358.jpg

• Like 8

Editorials Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Ouch.  Grab a paint stick or something similar and pry against that.  Works for me.  

Yep, I was being hasty and made it 90% with no issue and tried to shortcut it.  Oh well, no more molding for the rest of the project anyway.

IMG_20200706_230624.jpg

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Was actually able to temporarily put in a significant amount of the games meant for the third shelf since I left so much space to future proof my collection.  So Genesis, PSP, PS1, etc.

I'm a tiny bit worried about the weight of the PlayStation shelves, so I may brainstorm some way to get additional support.

IMG_20200712_114145.thumb.jpg.40153e232443dbb32f895959552752d5.jpg

• Like 4