IGNORED

I found an old PC on the side of the road today. Raided its internet history. This is what I found.

RH

Lol, it's true.  The PC had a sticker on the back and it said it was built around 1997.  I pulled out the hard drive and I saw it was still running Windows 95.  I then found it's internet history, dumped the contents, pulled out all of the gifs and then deleted duplicates.

Last, after cleaning out stuff like boring menu images and such, this gallery is the final result.  This isn't very exciting stuff, but it's filled with images that littered the internet and offended our eyes by their sheer existence 20 years ago.

Note, I cleaned out all NSFW stuff that I caught, but it's about 600 images.  One might have slipped through the cracks but I wanted this to be kid/family friendly.

https://imgur.com/a/Pt2e8pJ

Edited by RH
  • Like 7

Social Team · Posted
11 hours ago, RH said:

Lol, it's true.  The PC had a sticker on the back and it said ti was built around 1997.  I pulled out the hard drive and I saw it was still running Windows 95.  i then found it's internet history, dumped the contents, pulled out all of the gifs and then deleted duplicates.

Last, after cleaning out stuff like boring menu images and such, this gallery is the final result.  This isn't very exciting stuff, but it's filled with images that littered the internet and offended our eyes by their sheer existence 20 years ago.

Note, I cleaned out all NSFW stuff that I caught, but it's about 600 images.  One might have slipped through the cracks but I wanted this to be kid/family friendly.

https://imgur.com/a/Pt2e8pJ

late 90's NSFW gif/ads.....I miss my earliest experiences with the internet.  For the longest time I never threw away my old hard drives when I got a new computer.  Now you make me wish I would of kept them to archive the random shit you don't even think about.

Took awhile for my to get rid of my ~700 MB hard drive.  But once I got into the 100 GB range of hard drives I just pitch them.  

Edited by FireHazard51

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

late 90's NSFW gif/ads.....I miss my earliest experiences with the internet.  For the longest time I never threw away my old hard drives when I got a new computer.  Now you make me wish I would of kept them to archive the random shit you don't even think about.

Took awhile for my to get rid of my ~700 MB hard drive.  But once I got into the 100 GB range of hard drives I just pitch them.  

Did you at least transfer your old stuff first to the new drive and made sure your old drive didn't still have anything incriminating like boobie pics and such? 😄 

Social Team · Posted
12 hours ago, Estil said:

Did you at least transfer your old stuff first to the new drive and made sure your old drive didn't still have anything incriminating like boobie pics and such? 😄 

Nope, I'm sure they were full of images of naked ladies with stars/air brushes in critical areas.  Young teen me would click on all the pretty lady ads.  One could only imagine how bad I clogged my system with going to those websites.

Edited by FireHazard51

52 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Nope, I'm sure they were full of images of naked ladies with stars/air brushes in critical areas.  Young teen me would click on all the pretty lady ads.  One could only imagine how bad I clogged my system with going to those websites.

Was it anything like this? 😄 

I used to work refurbishing computers and had to do data destruction on equipment. There were different levels. Sometimes we only needed to wipe hard drives clean to Dept of Defense specifications. Other donors requested physical destruction. I drilled holes in some. One day my drill bit broke so I went at them with a hammer, and cut myself accidentally when something went flying. So I bled on them for the hell of it, then set them on fire. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

The laptop ones were easy; just spike them off the ground until it sounded like a box of Nerds.

At least nowadays with solid-state drives it’s far easier. And slamming an electronic component on the ground right on the corner is extremely satisfying to me

On 1/28/2022 at 7:50 PM, Tulpa said:

2.png

I saw that but I just thought it was part of the advertisements. Why would you send someone to a website specifically for viewing photos and only show some of them? Obviously we're going to want to see them all, why not just show them all? That seems odd.

• Confused 1

That's not the user's decision. It's the website's. To save bandwidth. Few people are going to look at all of the pictures, especially when it comes to hundreds. Most people don't click past the first set, same reason google only shows 10 results at a time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1