IGNORED

Has anyone experience grading with player1grading ?

Franmotard

I got a couple more games Id like to grade, but wata turnaround times are SOOOOOO frustrating. I got my "speedrun" orders sitting on 7 months already.... and counting.

VGA seems to be on the same path as pwata, and ive seen this player1grading company and was wondering if any of you have graded here already. It puts me back the fact taht you got to pay an annual suscription of 75$ i think and their service is 99$ (turnaround time supposed to be 30 days)

Let me know if any of you guys got experience with them, thank you!

3 hours ago, iLikePssys said:

I got a couple more games Id like to grade, but wata turnaround times are SOOOOOO frustrating. I got my "speedrun" orders sitting on 7 months already.... and counting.

VGA seems to be on the same path as pwata, and ive seen this player1grading company and was wondering if any of you have graded here already. It puts me back the fact taht you got to pay an annual suscription of 75$ i think and their service is 99$ (turnaround time supposed to be 30 days)

have a batch of games shipping back as of yesterday the whole process took 3 weeks

everything has been great so far and the grades turned out great too

just waiting to see what the case is like

Absolutely avoid. There is a huge write up that myself and several other sealed collectors put together. 

Cliff notes: 

The company was originally based in Brazil and flopped. Bad

They rebranded and changed to a US address

They grade and sell their own games on eBay. This is not speculation, it’s been confirmed

The owners reputation amongst other Brazilian collectors is not good. That’s about as nice as I can put it 

They have no experience grading games. They come from the telecommunications space

They have repeatedly dodged questions about their experience, ownership, and straight out lied when confronted with eBay ID’s and screenshots  

Their “grading“ is wildly inconsistent. They graded a Hagane 95 with at least 2 good size holes in the wrap and several box issues. When questioned about it they ignored the questions and changed the grade to 90. 

The evidence backing this up is on Facebook in the Sealed Games Club (SGC) group. Oleg Grigorov posted it. Ultimately it’s your decision but with all of the above I wouldn’t ever consider sending them anything. We have no reason to think they have the experience needed to accurately identify fakes, reseals, and ran when confronted. They reached out to me last Friday 1/7 asking if we could talk 1/10, I politely agreed but warned them the evidence is clear. They never reached back out.  

I understand that wait times are tough but that’s no reason to send a company like this your games. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Agree 1

I echo MinusWorld's statements. There is too much going on that makes P1G questionable. They don't even have market prominence, and if they do, it's because Wata and Vga are backed up. 

You can always buy an acrylic holder if you're worried about storage/condition in the mean time. That's what I do. 🙂 

• Love 1

TBH, I only support both VGA and CAS at this time. With reasons for that, along with issues that have me put any usage on hold. With Wata needing to do more than just move to California if they want my support.

I'll skip both my issues with them and reasons why I am willing to submit games to them. And instead point out that it is simply a smarter option to do what @inasuma is doing. Because in the long run you are not at risk of having a game be re-graded or re-cased. And instead have the opportunity to decide if you prefer collecting that way, or want to send in any games you feel are worth the time (and money) to be "upgraded" (i.e. sealed to graded).

Especially since the rest have spoken. With me adding that I am holding off on submitting to CAS because I want to get all the PS1 titles I have on my 2022 list. With hopes they processing wait time will shrink once that is completed.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:29 AM, CIB_Wholesale_no_split said:

have a batch of games shipping back as of yesterday the whole process took 3 weeks

everything has been great so far and the grades turned out great too

just waiting to see what the case is like

On 1/14/2022 at 2:56 AM, iLikePssys said:

talking specifically about the product and service:

bill was cheapest per item than competition

the case doesnt waste any plastic

the plastic is nice

the turnaround time was accurate

the turnaround time was fast

the customer service was easy. the processing at every stage was fast

the special instructions were followed

there arent any foreign objects or broken plastic in the case

grades are on the high side

I wouldnt have sent in games except for the great review DrRob gave. It's a fantastic product and fast service.

Edited by CIB_Wholesale_no_split

2 hours ago, CIB_Wholesale_no_split said:

the plastic is nice

I wouldnt have sent in games except for the great review DrRob gave. It's a fantastic product and fast service.

Who are the graders, and why should we trust their expertise?

6 hours ago, CIB_Wholesale_no_split said:

the plastic is nice

Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't frequent the collecting groups referenced earlier in the thread so I have no bias here, but if the grading is accurate, I certainly welcome more competition in the market. Make sure to post some pics so we can get a feel for how they are grading.

7 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Who are the graders, and why should we trust their expertise?

for authenticity---  would say the best graders out there for authenticity are the collector forums and not really 1 company or another. for grade scale --- it's too subjective

7 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Are the grades on the ACCURATE side?

most were accurate.  The ones that were high  where when the shrink is mint and the box shows wear. I know preferences are different but personally only care about the box damage unless it's a huge tear or mold on the shrink. Could a company  make a scale that satisfied everyone? or if the scale was mostly for the box then the dvd cases will all get very high scores so there is an argument for the box score being 99 all the time and the item can only be graded on the shrink

2 or 3 more grades would make it clear like how cgc does subgrades on pokemon cards

manufacturing errors, shrink score, box score, poking corners

None of my grades were a big surprise so overall accurate but 1 number still seems too broad for scoring

4 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't frequent the collecting groups referenced earlier in the thread so I have no bias here, but if the grading is accurate, I certainly welcome more competition in the market. Make sure to post some pics so we can get a feel for how they are grading.

didnt want to knock it before I tried it and more grading companies are a good thing. i give them a 10/10

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:36 PM, MinusWorlds said:

Absolutely avoid. There is a huge write up that myself and several other sealed collectors put together. 

Cliff notes: 

The company was originally based in Brazil and flopped. Bad

They rebranded and changed to a US address

They grade and sell their own games on eBay. This is not speculation, it’s been confirmed

Do you know if Stanga is one of them? He is from Brazil and has a good selection of games. Mix variety of companies. There is another from the US, seller gradedgamesandvhs. Who sold over 90 P1 graded games. Could be speculation, idk. Other sellers who I recognize from eBay who uses P1 is drobgaming and gamekingdom69 (former utcgames, premogames).

Also, I see IGS. Though their niche seems to be centered around VHS than games. People spending hundreds to thousands on VHS tapes is a black hole that I do not want to get into. What's next, laserdisc? 

Edited by AnimalHouse
link
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Do you know if Stanga is one of them? He is from Brazil and has a good selection of games. Mix variety of companies. There is another from the US, seller gradedgamesandvhs. Who sold over 90 P1 graded games. Could be speculation, idk. Other sellers who I recognize from eBay who uses P1 is drobgaming and gamekingdom69 (former utcgames, premogames).

Also, I see IGS. Though their niche seems to be centered around VHS than games. People spending hundreds to thousands on VHS tapes is a black hole that I do not want to get into. What's next, laserdisc? 

i like that premogames has renamed so many times and yet it's still super obvious who the "new" storefront is.

also i believe it's been uncovered that at least a handful of stores on ebay are selling p1 games by people who have connections to the company. there was a long investigative thread on sealed games club (facebook group). i'd link it here but the group is private.

all said and done, just avoid p1.

if we're being honest about who is most reputable to send games to, my gut tends to lean on no one. however, from an ethics standpoint, i lean on vga purely from their neutral stance in the market. i wish they had the same degree of authentication knowledge as wata though.

ultimately there's no substitute for building your own experience/knowledge. 🙂 

• Agree 2

On 1/21/2022 at 10:46 PM, AnimalHouse said:

It is my understanding that Stanga is involved in the shill bidding. Oleg posted some pretty concrete evidence. 

gradesgamesandvhs is Tiago Hungria who owns P1 and sell his own games, while Stanga shills them up. Again, it’s all out there. 

@CIB_Wholesale_no_split- I love how you completely disregard all of what has been said and proven here and other places. You are doing a disservice to the community by continuing to ignore the facts and promote P1. But then again, you have always been out for yourself. Gross. 

4 minutes ago, MinusWorlds said:

It is my understanding that Stanga is involved in the shill bidding. Oleg posted some pretty concrete evidence. 

gradesgamesandvhs is Tiago Hungria who owns P1 and sell his own games, while Stanga shills them up. Again, it’s all out there. 

@CIB_Wholesale_no_split- I love how you completely disregard all of what has been said and proven here and other places. You are doing a disservice to the community by continuing to ignore the facts and promote P1. But then again, you have always been out for yourself. Gross. 

you saw Karl Jobsts video on the state of the market correct?

Who is the arbiter of shill bidding? You? 

you can choose to trust auction sites or not and if there was proof of the claims you are making  then the appropriate shill bidding consequences follow the shill bidding

The case is fantastic and doesnt use any extra plastic

I wrote down the grade i thought it was before i sent it in and they all came back almost spot on

the turnaround was 3 weeks

what grading company should I use? Super excited to use the longstanding, ethical, accurate grade, good customer service grading company you are hiding from us!

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/22/2022 at 4:24 PM, inasuma said:

Hirolink on @Maertens29' discord compiled some screenshots from a post in a FB group, basically showing a ton of shill bidding between folks with connections to P1G. Get some 🍿 y'all.

https://imgur.com/a/dJuLAfe

Well theres all the evidence that this is scammy bullshit

But as long as someone is milking everything they can for profit, yay capitalism!

20 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Well theres all the evidence that this is scammy bullshit

But as long as someone is milking everything they can for profit, yay capitalism!

i dont know how to rate the grading companies outside of the case and grading to choose which one so i guess those slide outs are my best choice?

• Disagree 1

Okay, but isn't VGA still the best then? They have their blunders of course, but not nearly as entrenched in the sketchiness as WATA or this P1G company. Also, I tend to really trust their grades... like, a 90+ is no joke. They don't toss em around like WATA slapping A++ 9.4 and up on everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CIB_Wholesale_no_split said:

you can choose to trust auction sites or not and if there was proof of the claims you are making  then the appropriate shill bidding consequences follow the shill bidding

I wrote down the grade i thought it was before i sent it in and they all came back almost spot on

what grading company should I use? Super excited to use the longstanding, ethical, accurate grade, good customer service grading company you are hiding from us!

no one is claiming wata is innocent. lol

2 hours ago, CIB_Wholesale_no_split said:

Did I see the Jobst video? Is that a serious question right now? 

You do realize that I did a follow-up video with him, right? And that he mentions me and flashes a thumbnail of our video in his second video, right? 

If you aren’t going to take the time to look at the evidence how about you just leave quietly? You bring no value to the community panhandling for P1. You don’t even know if what is in the case is indeed factory sealed, but hey it sure does look shiny. 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, inasuma said:

no one is claiming wata is innocent. lol

EXACTLY! Deniz and Kenneth are my friends, yes, but I have been critical against Wata. Wata and VGA are still good options and CGC will likely bring some positives too. There is no reason other than lead time to use companies like IGS or P1. 

P1 is literally manipulating the market, grading and selling their own games, shill bidding and over grading. But, i GeT mY GaMeZ iN 2 wEeKs!