IGNORED

Q's for near-mint sealed Contra Nintendo round SOQ

listing here

1. Is the h-seam legit? Its thin and almost too good to be true.

2. Overall condition is almost too good to be true minus cellophane damage. I am aware what 9.8 A+ on HA sold for. I was a live spectator only.

3. Now that I made this announcement. HOw many of you will publicly admit to snipping towards the end? Me me me me! 😃

4. Before anyone get stinkeye or eyelid vein start twitching. I call dibs lol. #j/k.not.j/k 🤔

Imagine actually seriously bidding on a game over ten thousand dollars. Imagine! 😂

No I mean it guys REALLY imagine, like close your eyes for one minute and think. Probably most of us here have like ten grand at least sitting around, but I mean REALLY imagine taking that ten grand out of your bank account or the sock under your bed and being like, BID. And then actually HOPING you will win! 🤣

It's hilarious, honestly, hilarious! 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

I used to say the same thing about these back in the day...

Throwback nes catelog.jpg

Throwback snes catelog.jpg

I can't believe how cheap these games used to be. IIRC I paid $200 for Dr Mario and $400 Marvel Super Heroes from ebay a year ago. I wish I paid $45 for T2, that game is so hard to find these days. Same goes for MM and SMB2&3.

50 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Imagine actually seriously bidding on a game over ten thousand dollars. Imagine! 😂

No I mean it guys REALLY imagine, like close your eyes for one minute and think. Probably most of us here have like ten grand at least sitting around, but I mean REALLY imagine taking that ten grand out of your bank account or the sock under your bed and being like, BID. And then actually HOPING you will win! 🤣

Did you not see what the 9.2 A+ and 9.6 A+ went for? I could say the same for the bidders who paid $5500 for Pokémon Red Wata 6.0 A or $988 for Pokémon Blue VGA 40 Bronze

That's what credit cards are for. Sell other assets, pay the card issuer back and your set. Oh I expect the price to jump $25,000 - $30,000 before its over.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

Did you not see what the 9.2 A+ and 9.6 A+ went for? I could say the same for the bidders who paid $5500 for Pokémon Red Wata 6.0 A or $988 for Pokémon Blue VGA 40 Bronze

That's what credit cards are for. Sell other assets, pay the card issuer back and your set. Oh I expect the price to jump $25,000 - $30,000 before its over.

Then watch your credit score dip a few points when your statement hits. #alternativeassets #grind #brokebuthappy

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

What the fuck, people are buying ten thousand dollar video games on CREDIT?

THAT is actually even MORE hilarious! 🤣🤣🤣

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

Administrator · Posted
27 minutes ago, OptOut said:

What the fuck, people are buying ten thousand dollar video games on CREDIT?

THAT is actually even MORE hilarious! 🤣🤣🤣

I pay for literally everything with credit. As has been said, cash rewards. Simply pay the card off immediately (or at the least don't allow it to accrue any interest by paying it off fully before the bill is due) and you're solid. You're building a good credit score, and getting money back on purchases. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

I think we need to dissect the issue here. A sealed contra makes some sort of sense that it can go up to 5 figures. A sealed PS2 game going 5 figures is much more hilarious (or would that be more sad?). Any game going for 7 figures is probably the biggest LOL in the history of video game collecting. That’s my relative take.

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I pay for literally everything with credit. As has been said, cash rewards. Simply pay the card off immediately (or at the least don't allow it to accrue any interest by paying it off fully before the bill is due) and you're solid. You're building a good credit score, and getting money back on purchases. 

Mrs. gloves looking at your latest credit card bill:

"What the heck is a SHIB token, and why did you buy so many of them?!"

🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

If you have a cash reward credit card, why not?

13 hours ago, Gloves said:

I’ll just respond to both of y’all here. It’s not as simple sadly as “paying it off.” If you make a huge credit card purchase, your credit score can decrease if it’s over 30% of your overall credit allowance between all credit lines.

The reason being is that, in the United States at least, credit bureaus actually dock you for using too much of your credit at once (over 30%). as a bounce back effect though, a credit issuer may increase your credit limit if you pay it all off before the bill is due because they see you as a reliable borrower. So it’s not ALL bad.

disclaimer: I’m not a financial adviser so don’t take any of this as advice.

Edited by inasuma

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, inasuma said:

I’ll just respond to both of y’all here. It’s not as simple sadly as “paying it off.” If you make a huge credit card purchase, your credit score can decrease if it’s over 30% of your overall credit allowance between all credit lines.

The reason being is that, in the United States at least, credit bureaus actually dock you for using too much of your credit at once (over 30%). as a bounce back effect though, a credit issuer may increase your credit limit if you pay it all off before the bill is due because they see you as a reliable borrower. So it’s not ALL bad.

Do you have a source for that info? Not that I doubt your claim, I'd like to read more about it.

19 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

For reference, an 9.2 A+ round soq sold on HA for $28,800. Whereas a 9.6 A+ round soq sold for $60,000 that very same day. I am thinking the one on sale is valued somewhere in between.

I'd be nervous bidding on this with that dent if you're expecting a high grade. It looks like a tiny piece of cardboard is missing. They might destroy your grade if WATA is anything like PSA, where you won't get above a 6 if you have the tiniest crease or binder ding even if the rest of the card is gem mint.

11 minutes ago, inasuma said:

That's true, but it goes back up the next month after you pay it off so it's not a real issue. It will only decrease by a few points anyway.

The number of watchers are up 113 to 124. 

9 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

I'd be nervous bidding on this with that dent if you're expecting a high grade. It looks like a tiny piece of cardboard is missing.

I thought the mark was on the cellophane, not underneath it. As for other imperfections, I see tiny dents on the back top left corner and back bottom right corner. I'm thinking grade wise at least an 9. The problem with games that are rare like this, pple get emotional and overbid its actual value. I know when to back off. No doubt there will be a bidding war. If it doesn't work out. There are plenty of fish in the sea lol or other games to buy I mean.

1 minute ago, AnimalHouse said:

The number of watchers are up 113 to 124. 

I thought the mark was on the cellophane, not underneath it. As for other imperfections, I see tiny dents on the back top left corner and back bottom right corner. I'm thinking grade wise at least an 9. The problem with games that are rare like this, pple get emotional and overbid its actual value. I know when to back off. No doubt there will be a bidding war. If it doesn't work out. There are plenty of fish in the sea lol or other games to buy I mean.

IDK, to me it looks like a small chunk is missing since it's not the silver color of the artwork and you can see the brown cardboard underneath.

image.png.aec6c9bc604916c01cbb5e0bbe234770.png

• Agree 1