IGNORED

Q's for near-mint sealed Contra Nintendo round SOQ

3 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

I'd be nervous bidding on this with that dent if you're expecting a high grade. It looks like a tiny piece of cardboard is missing. They might destroy your grade if WATA is anything like PSA, where you won't get above a 6 if you have the tiniest crease or binder ding even if the rest of the card is gem mint.

That's true, but it goes back up the next month after you pay it off so it's not a real issue. It will only decrease by a few points anyway.

Very true. It's a temporary effect, but it's the cost of borrowing too much when you aren't trusted to use that much (well, at least not yet, if you intend to increase your credit limit). For some folks it could be the difference between "good" and "excellent" credit, which significantly affects your entire financial profile unfortunately. My stance is: if you're going to make a large credit card purchase, at least know the risks. Then do it anyway because YOLO amirite 😝

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

Do you have a source for that info? Not that I doubt your claim, I'd like to read more about it.

Oops missed this. Sure thing. The main way I know this is from experience. Last year I had to use a large chunk of credit, and while I paid it off that month, as soon as my next credit score update came around, it dipped 14 points. lol

Here's some resources I found on the subject from experian, credit karma, equifax

Edited by inasuma

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

Do you have a source for that info? Not that I doubt your claim, I'd like to read more about it.

I've had that happen with larger purchases. Your score might take a hit for a month or two, but it will bounce right back if you paid it off. I always pay my balance off a few days before my statement date so it always shows a $0 balance on my credit report.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1