IGNORED

Duck Hunt Test Cart in a eBay Lot?

So an acceptable amount of time has passed and the buyer left feedback so I figured I'd ask, is this really a Duck Hunt test cart in this lot?

The same seller also sold a sealed Return of the Joker and Metroid recently (I lost on Metroid buy 1 buyer and forgot to bid on ROTJ 🙂) which were horribly listed. The Metroid auction was with Hoops and didn't even have either of the games in the title, just Old Nintendo Games or something generic. ROTJ had a stock photo for the first 2 days and didn't have new in the title or any mention of it being sealed. I say that to say this seller may just have no idea what he had and threw stuff up for auction and let it ride.

Anyway here's the pics from the listing. 

Screenshot_20210905-101711.thumb.jpg.11cdb4fe59ca7e32fbf4bcaf9755c047.jpg

208331841_Screenshot_20210905-1015392.jpg.636daa2d435b4d530edfb51201860d73.jpg789601507_Screenshot_20210905-1015432.jpg.6bc1879aeae02501ead67f32345a844e.jpg

Idk my ear from my asshole when it comes to test carts but I do know Duck Hunt is basically unseen. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I feel like “Old Nintendo games lot” is exactly the auction title someone would use if they were trying to trick someone into thinking some rare cart had been overlooked.

Heh.

"Silent Service? That must be the rare one! Here's fifty grand!"

To think a few years ago was the opposite. Lots of troll posts, especially on CL, that would list games "found in a closet." There'd be SMB/DH, Golf, Simon's Quest, Top Gun, and randomly in the list would be Little Samson or Stadium Events. 😛

11 hours ago, Tulpa said:

I like it, too, but it's the epitome of "cheap, common game" in the NES library. Probably the only game you can still find for a buck in a game store.

Yeah it's a shame too, unlike a lot of dollar garbage, the game actually has some levels of depth and a LOT of customization to the difficulty few games have, especially on the NES.  You can go anywhere from nearly arcade style as far as damage/injury/movement works to like picky sim level, plus a difficulty slider which really does have some impact.  They really did a good job capturing the depths of challenge the game can give from the PC version which says a lot. Rare did a great job on it.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah it's a shame too, unlike a lot of dollar garbage, the game actually has some levels of depth and a LOT of customization to the difficulty few games have, especially on the NES.  You can go anywhere from nearly arcade style as far as damage/injury/movement works to like picky sim level, plus a difficulty slider which really does have some impact.  They really did a good job capturing the depths of challenge the game can give from the PC version which says a lot. Rare did a great job on it.

Fun fact: back in the early nineties, Silent Service was translated into Polish language and released in Poland, as one of a few bootlegs that ever got Polish language localised 😉

7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Fun fact: back in the early nineties, Silent Service was translated into Polish language and released in Poland, as one of a few bootlegs that ever got Polish language localised 😉

Given what the nazis did in ww2 to them, and with the Japanese collaborators I could see some value in localizing that for a little fun.  Maybe it was localized in a way to sink the german navy instead of the Japanese? 😄

• Like 1