IGNORED

Kickstarter -- The (Video Game) Thread

I know there have been a number of Kickstarter pages for specific games, but I thought it would be nice to have a general thread as well to highlight cool video games that might go under the radar! As of now, there are three cool campaigns I know of ๐Ÿ™‚

1)Infinity: A Game Boy Color Tactical RPG back after 20 years!

2)Roniu's Tale for the NES - I believe this was already mentioned in another thread, but more publicity does not hurt

3)The Adventures of Panzer

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/panzer/the-adventures-of-panzer

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, avatar! said:

I know there have been a number of Kickstarter pages for specific games, but I thought it would be nice to have a general thread as well to highlight cool video games that might go under the radar! As of now, there are three cool campaigns I know of ๐Ÿ™‚

1)Infinity: A Game Boy Color Tactical RPG back after 20 years!

ย 

I signed up for that.

The kickstarter is closed for this but the collector's edition was still available when I ordered one a few days ago:

I backed this when it was announced - should be shipping in the next couple of months.ย  You can still pre-order.

ย 

7 minutes ago, Knud said:

Infinity looks really nice, i did pledge for that instantly.ย 

I know! It's got that old-skool feel, reminds me of the original Final Fantasy ๐Ÿฅฐ

which tier did you pledge if I might ask?

Infinity-game-boy-color-gameplay-3-800x4

Edited by avatar!

18 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I know! It's got that old-skool feel, reminds me of the original Final Fantasy ๐Ÿฅฐ

which tier did you pledge if I might ask?

Infinity-game-boy-color-gameplay-3-800x4

Indeed, itย got me right away. It has some nice touch.ย 
ย 

I just went with the standard edition. What about you?

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2021 at 5:42 AM, Tabonga said:

I signed up for that.

The kickstarter is closed for this but the collector's edition was still available when I ordered one a few days ago:

I backed this when it was announced - should be shipping in the next couple of months.ย  You can still pre-order.

ย 

I got an email on Pine Creek - it is shipping soon.ย  The collector's edition was supposed to come in a red cart but they can't get them - it is going to be in a clear red case instead - which I like better.

Here's an interesting one.ย  A cancelled Dune game for the GBA is being released.ย  According to the Reddit (linked below) they are removing references to Dune and are cleaning up the code, regardless, it's the same game.ย  It's not up yet, but you can follow the Kickstarter place holder for when it launches.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/comments/qm0302/cancelled_gba_game_getting_released/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elland/elland-the-crystal-warsan-unreleased-gba-game

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

Haha Paprium kickstarter?ย  And a Dec 2022 date for it to be delivered?ย  BS!ย  I'll believe that when I see it because every scrap of history of those watermelon clowns are laden with excuse upon excuse with delay and delay again.

ย 

That lost mostly finished Dune GBA game getting another chance is nice, hopefully it works out this time with the Dune stuff scrubbed out.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Sumez said:

If that "Dune" game is gonna be only those 3D shooting sections, it looks kind areally bad ๐Ÿ˜ž

Fortunately there's already a really good Dune game out there for any new fans to the franchise. It kinda coined the whole RTS genre. ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

Damn straight.ย  I still own it too, CD release which makes it easy to store it.ย  It's a little dated with its limits, but still quite fun, and if you dump its files into Dune Legacy for Win(etc) it fixes those quality of life issues only which is perfect.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:32 PM, Tanooki said:

Haha Paprium kickstarter?ย  And a Dec 2022 date for it to be delivered?ย  BS!ย  I'll believe that when I see it because every scrap of history of those watermelon clowns are laden with excuse upon excuse with delay and delay again.

I backed their Pier Solar HD game on Kickstarter, and although it was delivered a few years past the "expected" date, it was nevertheless completed and delivered! Also, I though it was a very well designed collector's edition. I will give them this, they have always timely replied to inquires and have thus far delivered, even if it was far past the nominal date. However, I can't think of a single video game kickstarter which has actually delivered on time... so all in all, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt since I like to support indie developers and I do think they make great games ๐Ÿ™‚

Even then they dragged too much so I never bothered.ย  I did get the game much later when it hit GoG.com and I put some distance into it, it's not great, but it's not bad either but it didn't hold my interest beyond some desert I think I stopped in.ย  It felt just a bit stiff in places to where I kind of just lost interest and moved on.ย  I know they can make a good product, but it's all the baggage.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, Tanooki said:

ย 

That lost mostly finished Dune GBA game getting another chance is nice, hopefully it works out this time with the Dune stuff scrubbed out.

Lol, yep.ย ย 

On 11/5/2021 at 2:48 PM, avatar! said:

I backed their Pier Solar HD game on Kickstarter, and although it was delivered a few years past the "expected" date, it was nevertheless completed and delivered! Also, I though it was a very well designed collector's edition. I will give them this, they have always timely replied to inquires and have thus far delivered, even if it was far past the nominal date. However, I can't think of a single video game kickstarter which has actually delivered on time... so all in all, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt since I like to support indie developers and I do think they make great games ๐Ÿ™‚

The pier solar collectors edition is pretty sweet.ย  This one I keep talking myself out of buying off ebay.ย  Too many other things to buy.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:26 PM, RH said:

Here's an interesting one.ย  A cancelled Dune game for the GBA is being released.ย  According to the Reddit (linked below) they are removing references to Dune and are cleaning up the code, regardless, it's the same game.ย  It's not up yet, but you can follow the Kickstarter place holder for when it launches.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/comments/qm0302/cancelled_gba_game_getting_released/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elland/elland-the-crystal-warsan-unreleased-gba-game

Kickstarter has gone live and for a GBA game, it looks pretty sweet.ย  Not many early-bird physicals left so if you're interested in this, I'd hop on it.

I would but I've been generous this Christmas and I'm a tad strapped for extra expendable cash.

6 minutes ago, RH said:

Kickstarter has gone live and for a GBA game, it looks pretty sweet.ย  Not many early-bird physicals left so if you're interested in this, I'd hop on it.

I would but I've been generous this Christmas and I'm a tad strapped for extra expendable cash.

Looks pretty sweet, although I'm not familiar with the game - I take it it's a bit like Wing Commander?

eba05b61600ff56edbd971be34232006-origina

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

Looks pretty sweet, although I'm not familiar with the game - I take it it's a bit like Wing Commander?

ย 

It was a cancelled game based off of Dune.ย  Apparently, it was "mostly complete", an proto was found and this guy/company has secured the rights (from the dev studio) to finish and release the game, however, all Dune-related references have been changed as to not infringe on that IP.