IGNORED

Sega's lost triad.....

Tabonga

Which order do you put the three formats in?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Order of systems (favorite first etc.)

• Dreamcast, Saturn, Sega CD
    • Dreamcast, Sega CD, Saturn
    • Saturn, Dreamcast, Sega CD
    • Saturn, Sega CD, Dreamcast
    • Sega CD, Dreamcast, Saturn
    • Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast

These systems were never really given a fair chance - and they were pretty much dumped like trash when Sega got the bug up their ass to drop them.

I would put them in this order - Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast.  Strictly based on their libraries - all of them had some great games but the Sega CD had the best line up of stuff I thought was really good  (if not great).

Edited by Tabonga

Don't @ me:

Spoiler

If 32X was an option, I'd put it second after the Dreamcast based on the percentage of games on the platform that were surprisingly solid. Damn-near arcade perfect ports of Virtua Fighter and Space Harrier, plus the best Virtua Racing you could get at home until the PS2 era. Knuckles Chaotix is a highly underrated game even if it was mostly hacked together from spare parts from other games that weren't finished.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NervousWreck96 said:

Don't @ me:

Hide contents

If 32X was an option, I'd put it second after the Dreamcast based on the percentage of games on the platform that were surprisingly solid. Damn-near arcade perfect ports of Virtua Fighter and Space Harrier, plus the best Virtua Racing you could get at home until the PS2 era. Knuckles Chaotix is a highly underrated game even if it was mostly hacked together from spare parts from other games that weren't finished.

Have to admit, I do agree.  Not a lot on it, but what is there, a majority of it is worth not just owning, but playing.

It’s tough for me. Sega CD has a lot of collecting nostalgia for me because it was the first non-Nintendo console I did my research on after I got into collecting video games. But objectively it’s probably far down the list despite my love of things like Snatcher. Saturn has some good games on it but shares a lot with the PS1. I guess my list might be DC - Saturn - Sega CD but I personally love collecting CD more than the others.

12 hours ago, Shmup said:

I went Saturn, Dreamcast, Sega CD. Saturn didn't get a fair go in the US/PAL but if you include the Japanese games it's a beast and is better than Dreamcast for me.

I think Sega had a fair shot. Their systems themselves were good, just poor timing and execution.

Nintendo consoles:

BDDAA6EA-AECE-461A-8893-D198C851CC42.gif.6c955f0ba18adab5af3f4fdde884e15b.gif

Sega consoles:

7F641562-5750-442F-A0A9-134A9830EE8F.gif.c182b5ebb2f22c855f991fab2188e086.gif

• Like 1

All of them are good. Kind of none of them have deep enough libraries across all genres to be some kind of all-rounder GOAT in my eyes. Almost all of favorite games on all three of them are ports of some kind (Snatcher, Popful Mail, Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga, SoulCalibur).

Dreamcast has the best ports, Saturn has the games I like most, and Sega CD has the most personality out of them, so I kind of like all of them. I put Saturn > Sega CD > Dreamcast just based on what I play most.

I went Sega CD, Saturn then Dreamcast. I got a Sega CD near the end of it's lifecycle and have some good memories playing Star Wars Rebel Assault. The Sega CD has several of my favorites like Shining Force CD and Popful Mail that I enjoy playing today. Saturn is a close 2nd. It could almost be interchangeable with the Sega CD with gems like Dragon Force and Shining Force CD. I no longer own a Dreamcast. No strategy/rpg's or strategy games I liked on it. Loved Quake 3 Arena and Bass Fishing but not enough to keep it around.